PDA

View Full Version : Parent looking elsewhere for childcare

PrettyFlowers
03-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi,

I am new to Childminding so not sure if this is normal or not.

I have a baby I care for nearly full time, so she is my main income. The parents seem happy with me although there have been a few issues with them wanting to change hours with no notice and wanting to swap hours at short notice etc.

I keep seeing them on childcare.co.uk, they log in most days... What does that mean? Should I exepect them to be leaving me do you think?

kel1983
03-07-2012, 05:51 PM
It may just be that they keep receiving messages on there from other childminders as they have seen there advert. And then once they have logged in their advert is pushed up the page leading to others to then reply to it.

If that makes any sense :idea:

muffins
03-07-2012, 05:52 PM
They might be logging on to read messages they have recieved from others or even to gain access to details for a friend!

PrettyFlowers
03-07-2012, 05:54 PM
yeah that could be it. I didn't realise it would make me feel so insulted! Haha I need to lighten up, you don't think I should say anything then?

sam411
03-07-2012, 05:58 PM
I had the same thing happen, I saw the family I have signed contracts with keep going on childcare.co.uk again. Then I realised that maybe they were receiving messages from other childminders as their profile is still on there, thus making them reply and putting them as being logged in. Well I hope thats the case, I'm sure they are happy though else they wouldn't have comminted!!

Tazmin68
03-07-2012, 08:28 PM
I would mention something. I only have the one child in ey bracket and was under impression that I was having sibling when mum returned to work. While I was away on holiday parents had put a post on childcare. I spotted it when I got back and surprise on first day attending mom advised me that they were moving and gave me notice.

miffy
03-07-2012, 08:32 PM
yeah that could be it. I didn't realise it would make me feel so insulted! Haha I need to lighten up, you don't think I should say anything then?

I don't think I would say anything, it sounds as though there is a logical explanation why they keep logging in.

I'd concentrate on telling them how happy their lo is with you :thumbsup:

Miffy xx