PDA

View Full Version : A childminding first for me...

LauraS
03-07-2012, 03:43 PM
... the no-show :angry:. She emailed after the event asking to leave it until next week but by then I'd already cleaned (sort of), got toys out and straightened my hair so as not to scare the child off by doing my usual Worzel Gummidge impression.

I'm surprised because she wanted odd hours and pick up from a school that not many childminders service, and I'm not sure she'll get anyone else for the hours and pick up she wants.

Grrrr. Ah well. At least the house looks nice :)

Bananabrain
03-07-2012, 03:48 PM
All part of the joys of being a childminder.
Seriously, I always think that if they can't be bothered to turn up, then imagine what they would be like to work with.

Ballette
03-07-2012, 03:52 PM
All part of the joys of being a childminder.
Seriously, I always think that if they can't be bothered to turn up, then imagine what they would be like to work with.

Have to agree with you there Louise ;)

Bridey
03-07-2012, 05:26 PM
If they don't bother to let me know BEFORE they are due to come then they find that suddenly the vacancy has been taken up by another family!

kimnolan87
03-07-2012, 06:17 PM
This has happened to me three times when families have booked visits....the first one didn't show, and then when I questioned it, she said she completely forgot, but doesn't matter as her mum is going to have the child :panic:

The second one didn't arrange a time with me, just a day....then when I tried to pinpoint a time, I had no reply. She then contacted me on a Wednesday asking if she could visit that very morning - yes but asked her to come a little later. She didn't turn up - then told me that she had a family emergency but had decided to put her daughter into a nursery.......but she went to visit my friend and told her the same nursery thing too. :mad:

Then the last one asked to rearrange, and then just didn't turn up!!! :angry:

So all in all, I have booked 6 visits and only 3 have turned up - none of them wanting my services - all for different reasons but one is waiting to get a new job, then wants me...

Being new, I am still waiting for the elusive first child - so the ones that don't turn up, really get to me!!!!!

All have been enquiries from childcare.co.uk too!!!