PDA

View Full Version : help please with linking activity

sandy64
03-07-2012, 01:34 PM
hi im struggling to link these 2 activiities and wondered if anyone could help please. yesterday we has a sensory day and i had a variety of smell/ touchy/feely activities out. the 2 youngest decided they wanted to sit with the 2. 4yr olds and join in so closely watching i let them.
1.activety soft flower arangement gel balls the ones which grow sorry dont no what there called. child aged 22mths sat playing for over 10min exploring with both hands throwing up and down putting into cups emptying them out.
2.child 18mths sat with playdoh pushing her fingers into it pushing shapes/and mark making tools into it she repeated pushed her fingers into playdoh and sat for 20mins engrossed in her play.
ive linked older childrens play but struggling to link these to any help would be grateful please:)

sarah707
03-07-2012, 05:18 PM
The first one I would link to fine motor skills - physical development.

the second one with the playdough to mark making.

It sounds like you all had great fun! :D

VeggieSausage
03-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Maybe these?

1.KUW - Exploration and investigation - 16 - 26 months - Sometimes focus their enquiries on particular features or processes.

2.PD - Using equipment and materials - 8 - 20 months - Enjoys the sensory experience of making marks in damp sand, paste or paint.

sandy64
04-07-2012, 06:39 AM
thankyou both for your help i do apreciate it:)

miffy
04-07-2012, 06:52 AM
There's something about filling and emptying containers, I think in PSRN for the first one and also using one-handed tools for the second one.

Miffy xx