PDA

View Full Version : I hate potty training!!!!!!!!

green4lynn
03-07-2012, 12:15 PM
I have a mindee who's 2 and a half, he's been weeing on the potty for weeks, but as soon as he has pull-ups on he forgets and wee's or poo's in them. Mum brought him yesterday and said she'd had enough of buying pull-ups and he was wearing pants! So far he's done 2 poo's in his pants while we've been out, and has wee'd in every other pair of pants! She's determined not to go backwards, which is fair enough, but I really don't want my house smelling like a toilet!
Ho doesn't tell me when he has done a poo, though cries if he's wet himself!
Hopefully he'll soon get the idea that he needs to use the potty!

Just wanted a moan really, feel better already:)

Lynn x

Beaka
03-07-2012, 12:19 PM
I always find that the old fashioned terry lined plastic pants help in these cases. They allow the child to feel wet/soiled but save the deluge somewhat! :laughing: xx

JCrakers
03-07-2012, 12:25 PM
I dont mind potty training but what i do hate is children who arent ready for it being forced into it :blush:
He doesn't sound ready at all does he...but sometimes parents are adamant they are going to continue

Together with Mum weve worked together with her dd who is 2.8yrs and after 4 days she's in pants. 1 small wee in pants yesterday and none today.

kel1983
03-07-2012, 12:27 PM
I know how you feel.

We had a lo whose mum forced him to potty train. He wasnt ready,, took no interest in the potty at all. Would have load of accidents whilst with us to which his mum said he never did at home :angry: (yeah right).

He would sit on our sofa and wee his pants and then not tell us. By the time we noticed it was too late and t had seeped into the cushion well and truely.

In th end we just made sure we sat him on the pot every 20 minutes. He eventually learnt to tell us when he needed to go.

Hayley102
03-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Me too! I am going through it with a lo - she has just wet! Mum says she takes herself at home but she needs sending when she is here. I left it a bit too long this afternoon and hey presto its all over the floor :( I really wish it was an easier process!

AliceK
03-07-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm afraid I would not be accepting this child in pants. He is not yet ready and it's a health and safety concern for you. I have in the past done a timeline which I showed to mum at the end of the day and explained why I would need her child in pull-ups. The same child was ready to try again in a few months time and is now dry :thumbsup:

xxxx

Roseolivia
03-07-2012, 03:41 PM
My mindee is 2 soon and his parents wanted to start potty training as they say he asks at home. I told them i'd support them but it has to be done at home first but that in my opinion he wasn't ready especially here as he doesn't ever tell me he's done something never mind wanting to go. They've completly agreed with me and said they'd wait longer as he sometimes doesn't tell them either. That's what i call great partnership:)

funemnx
03-07-2012, 04:28 PM
I have one lo who is 38 months and still in nappies. Mum just keeps saying that lo doesn't ask to go so how can she potty train her. I have tried to say that if she puts lo on the potty regularly that she will then understand what is required of her and be dry in a week. But mum doesn't want wee acccidents in her clean home. The mum already has 2 other children so should know by now hmm..... :rolleyes:

catlyn
03-07-2012, 04:53 PM
I have just potty trained a 2 and half year old in 2 weeks...he has very little speech and cant say we or poo....i did it as funenmx says....putting him on the potty regularly throughout the day and eventually he realised what I wanted him to do.....he was never in pull ups in the house only wore them to and from my setting....as he is on 2 buses and an hours journey