PDA

View Full Version : some guidance please!!!!!!!!

littlestar
09-06-2008, 07:39 PM
hello everyone sorry i've not been around for abit as most know i got my first mindee and its going very well im just abit worried i dont think im doing enough with her i mean we go park to swings and feed ducks and we draw and we play in the garden and inside but mostly she keeps herself amused (she is 10 months)!!!!! me and her mum have a communication book that we fill in daily but the second thing is can anyone tell me what notes or paperwork i sould be doing i have had her a week and done nothing took some photographs but nothing keepsake im not sure what im supposed to be doing any help would be appricated thank you all what do ofsted what you to show them?

Mrs.L.C
09-06-2008, 07:48 PM
photos are a great start and considering you have only had her a week so far I wouldnt worry. If you want to do more you could right 1 line observations as I call them for example she clapped her hands...just write the date at the top of a postit note and state (name) clapped her hands and then record it in a file of some sort (scrap book idea) along with the photos. As she gets older and you start to do more creative activities you can also put some of these in the book/file.

angeldelight
09-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Hope you are ok did wonder where you were

I wouldnt worry there is not much planning you can do with a 10mth old anyway and you have only just started with the little one so spend the time getting to know her first and settle her in - that alone can take a few weeks

Go with the flow you will soon start to use your imagination and do things with her but let her enjoy herself with your trips to the park which sound perfect and so do the pics

Have fun and enjoy

Angel xx

sarah707
09-06-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm glad it's going well for you!

I agree about the photos - just a little note with each saying what she is doing or how she's responded to something will be a lovely memory.

Sounds like the two of you are having fun together! :D

littlestar
09-06-2008, 08:36 PM
thanks everyone i just got nerous thinking i sould be doing more oh and its 3 of us me 10month and my 1yr old we all so happy and get on so well baby has really taken to me she gets all excited when she comes down my path i here her b4 i see her :)

Cazz
09-06-2008, 11:33 PM
thanks everyone i just got nerous thinking i sould be doing more oh and its 3 of us me 10month and my 1yr old we all so happy and get on so well baby has really taken to me she gets all excited when she comes down my path i here her b4 i see her :)

That's lovely - I'm glad it's going so well. I hope I have such a positive experience when I start!

Carole x

miffy
10-06-2008, 05:52 AM

That's great and it must be lovely for the parents to see their lo so happy with you.

miffy xx

Spangles
10-06-2008, 06:10 AM
I was going to ask the same question re. a 9 month started full-time with me last week! Glad I'm doing the right thing too!

It's lovely that the baby looks forward to seeing you so much and that you're having such a great time!

We do the same as you with me encouraging her to crawl and chatting to her constantly and looking through books too - oh, and I've introduced the signs for 'drink' and 'milk' for her as well as we're going to do babysigning. (Actually I should write this all down in her file shouldn't I! It's all in my head which is a bit rubbish for Ofsted!)