PDA

View Full Version : Got interview at a school HELP !!!!

welshcake
03-07-2012, 07:49 AM
I love childminding but of late have really lost the heart to carry on, so have been applying for TA jobs which up until now I have had not got passed paper stage.

Anyway yesterday a head mistress rang and invited me for an interview which i have tomorrow at 2pm its for an LSA job with a child that is statemented.

Please give loads of advice as this is my first interview for 15 years and tbh very nervous about it and not sure what to swot up on. x:(

BucksCM
03-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Sorry, I have no advice...I just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow:D:thumbsup:

MAWI
03-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Good luck

It's always hard to now exactly what they are looking for at interview.

All I can say is be yourself and proud of the fact that you have lead and managed your own successful business over the years.

You have been owner, manager, responsible for safeguarding, planning, caring for children's needs, dealing with sensitive issues, business arrangements, chief cook and bottle washer and so on and on...

I am not really much help,m but really wishing you well and got everything crossed. Let us know how you get on:)

Princess Sara
04-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Have a look on the TES website for interview advise.

Be confident, or pretend to be! I applied for a TA job in reception and my feedback after the interview was very simple, "you are the perfect candidate and we know it, but you were far too nervous to prove it in the interview and as we have to treat you as someone we do not know we cannot offer you the job".

Stapleton83
04-07-2012, 11:46 AM
If it was me I would re-read whatever job information you received and the application you made. Then have a think about what questions you would ask if you were interviewing yourself!

The other thing to do is think about what questions you might want to ask:

- Training
- Induction
- How many hours
- How many other candidates
- When will you hear
- What are they looking for etc.
- What is the culture of the school like

You could also write some crib notes as to what answers you may give to generic questions like:

- Why do you want the job?
- What do you bring to the role?

Hope that helps a bit, I would also say most interviewers will let you take notes in, it may be that you won't refer to them but I have always found it just makes me feel a bit more confident.

Best of luck and fingers crossed. Let us know how you get on.

Sam x:thumbsup:

The Juggler
04-07-2012, 12:43 PM
hope it goes well hon, sorry I had no advice to offer

watgem
04-07-2012, 03:50 PM
wishing you lots of luck, sorry I have no advice either but hope it goes really wellxxxxx