PDA

View Full Version : Reference

melco
03-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Hi,

I have Ofsted coming next week and I have been asked to have references from parents.

I have asked parents and they are fine but one has asked whether it should be a letter or do I have a form to fill in. What is best? She also wants to know what sort of stuff she should be putting. What shall I say?

Thanks

melco

karensmart4
03-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Some of my parents wrote a general message on a nice card others have written a nice letter.. I will quote from a few of them if it will give you a heads up :)

'Dear Karen, Donna and Lisa
I just wanted to take the time to say a 'big thank you'for all your hard work and attention to detail that you pay with both my girls.

I have kept all of the gifts and cards that they have made with you I have put them in treasure boxes for them to look back on when they are older.

They are always coming home singing songs and saying nursery rhymes they have learnt with you.

I participially like the set up you have and the daily routines I think this makes them feel happy and secure.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
To all at LittleImps
I wanted to say thank you for helping E settle so quickly.
She is really happy with you and this has helped me tremendously with returning to work.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Karen
Thank you so much for looking after me, it means a lot to mummy and daddy that you give me a home from home,
To Karen, Donna and Lisa
Just wanted to say thank you for looking after our B and supplying her with a loving environment, you have given her a great start to her education too.
Dear LittleImps
Since starting back to work, people have often ask me how I can leave N. They are surprised when I reply that it doesn't bother me. Whilst I look forward to picking him up every day when I leave him, I know that he is in a stimulating, secure and loving environment.....

I wont go on but you get the gist..it doesn't matter if it's a note or a letter.

Good luck with Ofsted :thumbsup:

LittleLegsCM
03-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Did ofsted ask for actual references?

I gave out a questionnaire to all my parents last month as I'm expecting Ofsted to call anyday, would that be sufficient or should I ask them to do an additional reference as well?

melco
03-07-2012, 08:26 AM
All she said was can I have references from the parents. That why I came on here to ask what was best.

What sort of questions did you ask the parents?

LittleLegsCM
03-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Just things like were they happy with the overall service, were they happy with the food/meal choices given, activities the children got upto and anymore they would like them to do.
Any concerns they had, improvement suggestions, any other comments.

I think that was it from what I can remember off the top of my head x

Helen Dempster
03-07-2012, 10:43 AM
I always ask parents for a reference when they leave, and they've all done so happily. I've never told them what to write though, I've just left it up to them. I don't have a form to use, they just write a letter - some write more than others, but they're all very complimentary. I've not known Ofsted to physically ask for these though - maybe that's a new thing?

BuggsieMoo
03-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Did ofsted ask for actual references?

I gave out a questionnaire to all my parents last month as I'm expecting Ofsted to call anyday, would that be sufficient or should I ask them to do an additional reference as well?

I know when I had my inspection (in 2010 so may be different now) my inspector wanted letters from the parents of all mindees I cared for at the time to tell the inspector their view on my service. They all had to be in a sealed evelope as well as I was not allowed to read them beforehand. My inspector took them with her and then they were returned to me. x

Bluebell
03-07-2012, 11:55 AM
I have a feedback form - it allows parents to comment on areas that I want feedback on and asks them for ideas on what they would like to see improved. I borrowed it from a daycare document I found on the internet and adjusted it to suit. I have had really positive feedback on it. I'm not sure how to attach the document so I've copied and pasted - hope this helps -

How do you feel your child has enjoyed his/her time here?

How do you feel about the care your child has received?

Does the setting provide a safe and clean environment for your child? Please provide comments on any improvements you think would be beneficial.

Does the setting provide a fun and welcoming atmosphere? Please provide any comments on any improvements you think would be beneficial.

What do you feel are the best activities he/she has done here? What other activities would you like to see available?

Do you have any comments on the policies and procedures?

Do you feel adequately provided with daily feedback of your childs day? Is there any suggestions or comments?

What do you think of your childs Learning Journal? Is there anything you would like to see done differently?

Did you have any concerns or comments during your childs time here? Did you feel you could discuss this with me?

Do you have any other suggestions or comments that could improve the setting?

Would you recommend Blue Lion Childcare to friends and relatives?

AliceK
03-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I know when I had my inspection (in 2010 so may be different now) my inspector wanted letters from the parents of all mindees I cared for at the time to tell the inspector their view on my service. They all had to be in a sealed evelope as well as I was not allowed to read them beforehand. My inspector took them with her and then they were returned to me. x

Same with me.

xxxx