PDA

View Full Version : Term Time Contract

melco
03-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Hi,

I have a mum coming today to sign a contract for her son to start in September. I have the NCMA contracts and I was just wondering where I state its just term time. After you puit the hours it says additional notes for term time, is this where I would put it?

Also like I said he will be starting in September and I have not asked for a deposit. My husband thinks that as I have a full timer and this would be extra for us that I should only ask for a deposit if someone else comes along asking for that space. Deposits have not been mentioned and I am a bit nervous about asking now.

Also she is going to pay with childcare vouchers, I don't know which ones yet but when she lets me know do I just register with them? Then what happens?

Thanks in advance

melco

Kiddleywinks
03-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Not sure about the NCMA contracts as I don't use them, sorry

Regarding deposits.... The deposit (I charge 4 weeks) is used to reserve the place until the start date begins, and is then used either towards the first weeks/months fees or the last ones (I put it towards the last months fees so I know I'll still be paid)
If the parent decides between now and September to go elsewhere, they lose the deposit as I will have stopped advertising the space reserved for them, which could have been filled if I hadn't.
As you presumably haven't mentioned a deposit already, check your fees policy...have you mentioned it in there? If so, follow your own guidelines. If not, then you could always ask for a deposit and give parent a bit of time to get it to you. It can be as big or small as you're comfortable with.
Bear in mind, they may have enquired elsewhere so may be expecting to pay one without you realising it

rickysmiths
03-07-2012, 10:02 AM
I write on the contract under the hours that it is a term time only contract. I also put the name of the school in as well.

I always charge a 4 weeks fees Deposit when a contract is signed and I do not sign the contract until it is paid. I keep it until the end of the Contract as long as all fees are paid up to date and I am paid on 1st Month in advance. I keep the deposit in a separate account in case I have to pay it back if my circumstances change and I can't offer the place.

I make it clear from the beginning and it is in my Policies, that if payment is later than a week they will be charged £5 per day from the date the payment was due and childcare will stop until fees are paid in full. My parents have to sign to agree to this so there are no excuses.

I also make it very clear that if for some reason they don't start the contract or they leave me in the first six months they loose their Deposit. Also if they reduce their hours in the first 6 mths they loose that proportion of the deposit.

It sounds hard but I had my fingers burnt once a few years ago and last year cms around here had a number of parents who came to use supposedly long term but it turned out they were waiting for Day nursery places and all left in 3-4 months, hence the six month rule.

miffy
03-07-2012, 01:13 PM
I always take a four week non refundable (if the place isn't taken up) deposit.

Miffy xx