PDA

View Full Version : fccers

debh
03-07-2012, 06:00 AM
We have our fccers today. we have put it off for about a year but spent all weekend sorting and tidying and feel we are ready but I have got up with sore eyes, painful throat and banging head, typical! We were due OFSTED last October and still haven't had the call we just want it all out the way now.

Bridey
03-07-2012, 06:22 AM
I'm sorry ... you have your what today?

Penny1959
03-07-2012, 06:22 AM
Hope all goes well - and you feel better soon

Penny :)

rickysmiths
03-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Good luck. We don't have them done in Herts unless we do their Quality Standard Accreditation.

Boris
03-07-2012, 06:33 AM
Good luck! You'll be fine. Just remember to wash your hands and the childrens hands every 30 seconds and you'll do great! :laughing:

mama2three
03-07-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm sorry ... you have your what today?
family childcare environment rating scale! thank heavens Notts havent inroduced it here.

MAWI
03-07-2012, 08:03 AM
My area have not done away with it but put it on the back burner because they now realise how unrealistic and a waste of money it is! All of us that have had the inspection are now only being inspected if we 'want to', lol. No takers on that one then!
Good luck with it, I'm sure you will be fine.

Bridey
03-07-2012, 08:15 AM
family childcare environment rating scale! thank heavens Notts havent inroduced it here.

Good grief, that sounds scary :eek: Fccers!

The Juggler
03-07-2012, 12:53 PM
i did mine 2 years ago. I enjoyed the process - very thorough and gives you plenty to think about plus result is just between you and the assessor :thumbsup:

debh
04-07-2012, 06:09 AM
It all seemed to go well, the children were all co-operative and we only had one little tantrum. We were all exhausted by the time they went . We get the results Thurs morning.

Ripeberry
04-07-2012, 06:30 AM

Looked like a swear word! :D

bunyip
04-07-2012, 08:06 AM

I thought so. Too much Father Ted. :D

Ripeberry
04-07-2012, 08:48 AM
I thought so. Too much Father Ted. :D

Got one boy mindee who likes to shout out 'Drink! Drink!' when he wants his water. Makes me laugh :laughing:

Stapleton83
04-07-2012, 08:50 AM
:laughing: I thought it was a swear word too but the thing about the lo shouting drink made me laugh too. Good job as eldest DD off school with poorly tum so have cancelled LO who was supposed to be having a settling in session with me!

Sam x

The Juggler
04-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Got one boy mindee who likes to shout out 'Drink! Drink!' when he wants his water. Makes me laugh :laughing:

:laughing::laughing:

Rubybubbles
04-07-2012, 01:46 PM
How did it go? When I was in a nursery I had the Eccers, I loved it tbh, it really has helped me think about alot of things in how I run my childminding:clapping:

Jayse74
04-07-2012, 02:21 PM

I thought exactly the same thing at first lol

Little Bear
04-07-2012, 03:49 PM
This is being introduced in Derbyshire, starting with Community and Accredited Childminder and then rolling out with their quality assurance scheme, I'm interested if other childminders use this evaluation tool how practical is it? as I've looked at some pages and some sections are impossible to reach a decent score. If I had loads of space and not a house I feel they are achievable. What do others think????

The Juggler
04-07-2012, 04:58 PM
some of it is a bit OTT. It was piloted here and some of it is impossible for a sole worker but I think overall the questions were very searching and for improvement points I was given that I could not implement in my setting I now have a policy or information setting out why I do not do that and explaining myself.

Its a great way for an assessment to help you to reflect hon. Mind you I had lovely and supportive assessors.

miffy
04-07-2012, 09:54 PM

Sssshhhhh don't want to give anyone any ideas :panic:

Miffy xx

bunyip
05-07-2012, 11:02 AM
How many more levels of inspection do we need?

We get Ofsted inspected. Then we get inspected by EHO if we serve anything more than fresh water. Then we get another series of checks if we want to be accreditted. My diploma assessor comes round to check out the setting. Soon NCMA will have us applying for different levels of membership class. Now they're introducing fccers (if your county happens to think that fccing is a good idea.)

How exactly do we make sense of this to parents?

I'm Ofsted outstanding. I'm 5 out of 5 for food standards. My diploma assessor thinks I'm generally ok. I can't tell if I'd pass an accreditation inspection because they won't do it until I get a level 3 qualification, and anyway no-one can tell me what the accreditation criteria will be by then. Oh, and if I don't find the time to fill in a whole bunch of new and yet-to-be-seen forms for NCMA, then my professional body will, by default rate me as a 4th-rate childminder (they just find a nicer term for it, but that's what it means.)

:panic: