PDA

View Full Version : Coild I ask for childs fees for August to be paid now!!??

mandy moo
02-07-2012, 02:07 PM
5yr comes to me 4 days a week he has an, After School, Term Time only contract.
Mum has already asked if I am free during the summer holidays, if so, could I have him, yep no problem, no dates given yet.

He will be starting a new school in September and because of the distance
(38 mile round journey) I belive they will have to find other care or terminate the contract, un less they can find away to get him here..
Would it be ok do you think, when I know the dates for the August, for it to be to be paid now, Ive already invoiced them for July.

Thanx

Mouse
02-07-2012, 02:22 PM
I don't see a problem with it.

Make yourself a booking form (if you haven't already got one). Write on it that all additional hours need booking in advance. Payment is required at the time of booking. No days are booked until the form has been handed in, the fee has been paid and the parents has received written confirmation from you that the child's place has been reserved.
Also add that once paid, the fee is non-refundable should the child not attend (unless you are forced to close through unforseen circumstances).

Bridey
02-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Absolutely - as Mouse says :)

mandy moo
02-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Thanx for your replies, didnt know wether it would seem a bit cheeky or not.

Should I write out a NCMA contract for this particular period..
There is a possibilty tho, that she may need just holiday care, as 'he loves coming here' her words :)
or just write out an Ad-Hoc one do you think..

rickysmiths
02-07-2012, 03:29 PM
I would just do an amendment to the current contract.

Mouse
02-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Thanx for your replies, didnt know wether it would seem a bit cheeky or not.

Should I write out a NCMA contract for this particular period..
There is a possibilty tho, that she may need just holiday care, as 'he loves coming here' her words :)
or just write out an Ad-Hoc one do you think..

Does your current contract have a section saying what your fees would be for hours outside contracted ones? If it does, I wouldn't do a new contract.
I would do an ad-ho/holiday contract just for the days she books.

The Juggler
02-07-2012, 05:14 PM
i wouldn't ask for it now. I'd ask for them to sign a booking form confirming the dates and saying that they understand these days need to be paid for once booked.

Then I'd ask for payment on 1st August as normal.

:thumbsup:

Mouse
02-07-2012, 05:22 PM
i wouldn't ask for it now. I'd ask for them to sign a booking form confirming the dates and saying that they understand these days need to be paid for once booked.

Then I'd ask for payment on 1st August as normal.

:thumbsup:

The problem with that is that you save the days for them, then come 1st August they decide they won't use you after all...after you've turned other people away :rolleyes:

I've been stung too many times & now always take money with the booking for.

The Juggler
02-07-2012, 05:40 PM
The problem with that is that you save the days for them, then come 1st August they decide they won't use you after all...after you've turned other people away :rolleyes:

I've been stung too many times & now always take money with the booking for.

they've not paid you even if they've signed to say they agree to pay once they reserve the days?? that's awful Mouse :panic:

mandy moo
02-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Does your current contract have a section saying what your fees would be for hours outside contracted ones? If it does, I wouldn't do a new contract.I would do an ad-ho/holiday contract just for the days she books.

Cant remember, will have to dig it out, I dont think so..

loocyloo
02-07-2012, 07:40 PM
i get paid as soon as holiday sessions booked! whether that be in a weeks, months or even 3 months time!

samb
02-07-2012, 08:46 PM
I book holiday days the holiday before and then they pay me weekly in cash for the days booked. It works perfectly for all ad hoc care I give. However my contracted ones have got cheeky and cancelled hours they have booked extra "because they realise they can't afford it".

I am writing a lovely letter which will state I no longer offer additional hours unless they are paid at time of booking. - although not entirely sure how to put this into practise as they usually pay monthly by BACs - do I ask for it in cash or a BACs payment for every odd day/hr they need extra?

Mouse
02-07-2012, 10:02 PM
I book holiday days the holiday before and then they pay me weekly in cash for the days booked. It works perfectly for all ad hoc care I give. However my contracted ones have got cheeky and cancelled hours they have booked extra "because they realise they can't afford it".

I am writing a lovely letter which will state I no longer offer additional hours unless they are paid at time of booking. - although not entirely sure how to put this into practise as they usually pay monthly by BACs - do I ask for it in cash or a BACs payment for every odd day/hr they need extra?

I ask for cash at the time of booking.

jaswinder bedi
02-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Best to get paid for the place up in front!:thumbsup: I would.