PDA

View Full Version : Individual planning-help please!

lisa1968
02-07-2012, 01:54 PM
How do you all do your individual planning?
I just pick one activity a day and do planning for each child on that activity-my early years advisor said that was fine as it shows that I'm aware of the needs of the children but sometimes it doesnt look much.But its not possible to do individual planning for each child for every activity-I'd be writing forever!....

Ideas please!!
Thanks x

melco
02-07-2012, 02:04 PM
I am new to this to but I have found a lot of people do not do any planning, what I do from advice I have been given is just see what the child does that day and then write it up afterwards, if that makes sense

littlecheeks
02-07-2012, 03:29 PM
i dont do written planning for every activity. i do roughly 1 per month for each child. the activity is normally based on an obs, interest or current affairs i.e chinese new year, easter etc.
i have a template i did my self, which says activity planned, reason for activity, resources needed, links to eyfs, adult help needed. then i just fill it in.
my inspector seemed happy with this :)

sarah707
02-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Every week I think about what the child likes / does not like / interests etc and plan around those.

i then write up what the child has enjoyed doing and what I planned for them to do.

I keep it very very simple, just a few words that link back to obs.

Hth :D

Sal Onions
02-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Hello Lisa1968;

I find planning easier if you involve the children if you can as much as possible.

I have a set of monthly themes - this month I am looking at animals - I use my theme to plan my activities so if I know a child likes planes we would use the small plastic animals and make paper planes to fly them round the world.
Basically incorporating your theme with their interests.

My I.L.P's are just 1 page long with my pre-printed boxes to fill in that include the childs name, date of activity, Observations/assessment needed (yes no box), activity, resources needed, Risk assessment, adult supervision (Yes no box), EYFS links, Outcome of activity, Signed and Dated for Ofsted to see you are doing them regularly.

I tend to do mine once a fortnight but if a child is having difficulties I do them more regular usually every few days.

I hope this has helped you
Kindest regards
Sal

lisa1968
02-07-2012, 06:32 PM
These have been a great help!Thank you!..think I've been doing too much-as usual!!

Debster
02-07-2012, 06:34 PM
i dont do written planning for every activity. i do roughly 1 per month for each child. the activity is normally based on an obs, interest or current affairs i.e chinese new year, easter etc.
i have a template i did my self, which says activity planned, reason for activity, resources needed, links to eyfs, adult help needed. then i just fill it in.
my inspector seemed happy with this :)

I like this idea:) any chance of me pinching a copy:blush:

mushpea
02-07-2012, 08:15 PM
I plan week to week so that I can incorporate the childrens interests and anything they need to learn so today we played with playdough cutting it with knifes and stabing it with forks as they 4yearold who starts school september has no clue how to use a knife and fork and we always have a sandwich type lunch,, I also got her to count the children and divide the playdough up fairly.
I plan group activites and at the bottome of my weekly plan I put each childs initials and a short sentence next to them regarding individual planning then on the back I have a chart with the days of the week and the childrens names on then write things they have achived or enjoy doing for each day that relates to the planning,, I also have an area on my weekly plan for child led activities.