PDA

View Full Version : Good old mums!

SimplyLucy
09-06-2008, 05:11 PM
My mum has just agreed to be my assistant! :clapping:

Just got her to fill in a CM2 so I need to send that off tomorrow.

OFSTED are confident that my numbers will be increased to 6 under 8's (only reg for 4 at the mo because 2 of my own children are under 8.)

Means I'll be able to take on a before and after schooler 5 days a week in september. I'll only need my mum for an hour each morning, and she only lives 10 doors away so it won't be difficult for her.

Best news is I don't have to pay her either! :clapping:

Alibali
09-06-2008, 05:33 PM
What a star. Hope it works out well.

Ali x

rachael_c
09-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Oh wow thats brilliant news.

Mums are the best!!!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

crazybones
09-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Great news. Hope it works out :clapping:

sarah707
09-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Great news! :clapping:

breezy
09-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Brill, you're sooo lucky :thumbsup:

Cazz
11-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Good for you Lucy :clapping:

Does your mum have to do the ICP course etc? If my minding business took off (fingers crossed!) I think my mum would do the same as yours if she didn't have to be here all day every day IYSWIM. She loves kids as much as me and used to be a nanny many years ago. I don't think she would want payment either so that would be a bonus!

Might be worth considering for the future!

Carole x

ajs
11-06-2008, 10:26 PM
nice one
my mum lives too far away to be of any use to me whatso ever

SimplyLucy
12-06-2008, 06:02 AM
Good for you Lucy :clapping:

Does your mum have to do the ICP course etc? If my minding business took off (fingers crossed!) I think my mum would do the same as yours if she didn't have to be here all day every day IYSWIM. She loves kids as much as me and used to be a nanny many years ago. I don't think she would want payment either so that would be a bonus!

Might be worth considering for the future!

Carole x

My mum doesn't have to do the ICP course as she doesn't want to be a childminder. I think you have to get special permission to have an assistant that you want to leave in sole charge (ie. if you want to pop out on the school run and leave a sleeping baby at home).

Just need to keep my fingers crossed that my mums CRB is through in time for September as thats when I'll really need her.

charleyfarley
12-06-2008, 06:07 AM
That's great news :clapping:

I thought of getting my hubby to be my assistant just for emergencys and a bit of back if I need it.

Is there much involved?

Carol xx

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 06:38 AM
Lucky you

Hope you treat her now and again for being such a good mom ?

Angel xx

Pauline
13-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Yes you do need to get written permission from parents to leave the children in sole care of the assistant. You also have to keep a log of who they were with and what times they were in sole care, but it's not difficult, we just keep a diary.

Might be worth considering paying your mum something - with the extra children your earnings might go up and rather than pay tax you could pay your mum something and then put it down as expenses, if you see what I mean?

Better mum having it than the tax man! ;)