PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions...

LittleLegsCM
01-07-2012, 07:08 PM
evening all :)

Just trying to keep all my paperwork etc straight & as perfect as possible as Im coming up to 6 months registered so expecting *that* call any day!!

first thing: I do all of my activity planning for the week on the white board in the playroom. Am I right in thinking this ISN'T sufficient and I should actually be keeping hard, paper copies for every week??
How in depth is your planning that you would show Mr/Mrs O??

Second: risk assessments that you have obtained from companies (like soft play etc) do you just file theirs or do you do an additional one??

Third & final (for now!): when you have to complete an accident/incident report and mum/dad/carer sign it, do you ALWAYS give them a copy??

Pipsqueak
01-07-2012, 07:29 PM
evening all :)

Just trying to keep all my paperwork etc straight & as perfect as possible as Im coming up to 6 months registered so expecting *that* call any day!!

first thing: I do all of my activity planning for the week on the white board in the playroom. Am I right in thinking this ISN'T sufficient and I should actually be keeping hard, paper copies for every week??

save yourself and photograph it

How in depth is your planning that you would show Mr/Mrs O??
I loosely group plan or theme and I do more indepth for the individual child when there is cause or need - for instance one of my 3yr olds has recently shown a BIG interested in letters..... (well he did last week)

Second: risk assessments that you have obtained from companies (like soft play etc) do you just file theirs or do you do an additional one??
I will do a general RA for 'places' and then tailor it for the individual children if needs be

Third & final (for now!): when you have to complete an accident/incident report and mum/dad/carer sign it, do you ALWAYS give them a copy??
yes I do

:D hope that helps

LittleLegsCM
01-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Obviously I can photograph it from this week but what do I do about the last 5 & half months worth??? lol.

Will I get told off if I havent got every week covered since I started?

md0u0131
01-07-2012, 08:26 PM
I would start photographing from this week and then put a comment in your SEF saying it's an improvement you've made.