PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Over night care????

ZoeM
01-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Hello, :)
I am currently going pre-reg (and becoming more nervous that I am totally not organised yet, but luckily I have a few weeks to wait yet before my CRB forms are even looked at!!!! so minding is not imminent) During my childminding course the teacher mentioned providing emergency overnight care (i think for social services??) Does any one know about this and what it involves? If it is worth doing and if it is something that can be done before I am registered?
I had a little look on Wiltshire social services fostering page but couldnt find the over night care?

Any information is greatly received!

Zoe

cathtee
01-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi didn't want to read and run, but I'm not sure about emergencey overnight care, my registration doesn't cover overnight so if it something you would be interested in you must make sure it's on your registration certificate. Hope someone will be able to give you some advice:)

loocyloo
01-07-2012, 06:35 PM
i'm not registered for overnight care, but if i was, i 'could' have offered it when i lived in hampshire as i was a network childminder and offered community childminding placements. those i did/was offered tended to be children needing care as parent in court/custody/hospital etc.

talk to your FIS service and see what they say.

good luck x