View Full Version : work experience

01-07-2012, 11:57 AM
My daughter is doing her Year 10 work experience placement with me at the end of this term. We are both looking forward to it very much, as are the childminded children, but I am wondering does anybody know what paperwork I should have in place? e.g. parent permissions - but what specifically for?, extra risk assessments (although I have one for her as required by her school) etc?

Many thanks:)
( Sorry I think I put this in the wrong place initially!)

01-07-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure as I've not come across this before, hopefully someone here will know!

01-07-2012, 02:38 PM
She's lucky to be able to do it with you. When my DD wanted to she was told she couldn't because
A. I was her Mum and
B. It has to be a workplace with more than one employee (only me working here).

She was told that because of B. above she couldn't do it with a CM friend of mine either. My CM friend's son wanted to be a carpenter and wanted to do his WE with his uncle, a self employed carpenter. He couldn't as his uncle was the only employee, so again point B. above applied.

Maybe That's just our Local Authority rules?

Your DDs school should be supplying paperwork to all businesses providing placements. Have you asked them?

01-07-2012, 04:29 PM
My niece did her work experience with me a few years ago. I informed all the parents in writing and had to fill in a form from her school detailing her duties. I did inform both parties that she would not be nappy changing, feeding or be left alone with the children at any time during her placement.
As a result, my niece decided that childcare was not for her. :laughing::laughing:

blue bear
01-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Don't forget to check with your insurance company

Chatterbox Childcare
01-07-2012, 04:48 PM
I don't think you need to do anything as she is not your assistant and will just be with you at home as normal. You can't leave here alone with the children either.