PDA

View Full Version : My setting has gone international :)

Monkey26
30-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Weeks ago I was approached by the owner of a local language school (I mind her youngest) regarding temporary care for two small Spanish boys...

Yesterday the family landed in the UK and this evening they have been over so I could meet the boys; all went fab, a contract has been signed and they paid me cash there and then!!! :D

Three days a week for the next three weeks :thumbsup: I'm so excited but also a little nervous as the youngest is potty training at the moment and speaks little Spanish let alone English so could be interesting?! Wish us luck :laughing: xx

RachelE
30-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Well done!
Do you know any spanish?!

Yes, it could be an interesting few weeks!

Hope it all goes well.

Good luck and have fun!

Rachel x

teacake2
30-06-2012, 08:18 PM
If you get stuck my DS might be able to help, he has recently come back from 2 years living in Madrid.
Teacake2

cathtee
30-06-2012, 08:40 PM
how exciting, good luck:)

Monkey26
30-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Haha nope I don't know any Spanish!

Mum has taught me the words for toilet, sleep, food, drink, walk and stop... But mum is very keen for the boys to learn English, this is why they are here, so we are going to be relying on basic word and basic sign language :laughing:

I have just been looking up a few more words and am toying with the idea of making some flash cards (pic, english, spanish) to see us through the first few days - any words/phrases you lovely lot reckon I should include?! What do we say often?! Xx