PDA

View Full Version : Advice pls

melanieabigail2004
09-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Having previously been a registered childminder I already have the purple box and contents from the NCMA. My question is should I become a member again? I know I have to be a member to get the liability insurance but am thinking MM are cheaper? Having said this I am used to all the books, forms and contracts of the NCMA.

Does the tax man recognise MM accounting or is it just NCMA's accounts book.

So much going on in my head . . . . .

Pipsqueak
09-06-2008, 04:01 PM
I am with NCMA and quite happy with all the bumpf - I have not experienced any other company. I hear good things about MM and I know some members on here are with them.
When they are about I am sure they will be able to advise. As to MM accounting there is no reason why the tax man shouldn't recognise the accounts - some people do their own anyway

sarah707
09-06-2008, 06:29 PM
It doesn't matter what accounting system you use so long as, if the tax man wants to check what you've put, they can and it all makes sense / is within the law etc.

You can also use the preferential tax rates which were negotiated by ncma for childminders whether you are an ncma member or not, that doesn't make any difference.

If it's purely a cost decision, MM are cheaper - they also have a newsletter and a monthly magazine in association with Creative Steps.

Hope this clarifies :D

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 08:49 AM
I have been with NCMA for years so have the purple box etc too

I changed last month go to with MM and what a price difference so I have saved money

Cant see the difference with anything else to be honest so im glad that I have changed

Angel xx