PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for treasure baskets please!

Cazz
30-06-2012, 11:21 AM
I have 3 little ones who are very close in age - around 17 months - and I'd like to put together a treasure basket.

Could any of you clever people give me some ideas of suitable items to put in for this age group?

Thank you!

miss mopple
30-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Fabric scraps
wooden spoons
wooden bowls/boxes
bunch of keys
pumice stone
pebbles
sponges
chamois leather
leather wallet
fruit
wooden massage roller
large shells
brushes
pine cones
space blanket material
curtain rings
corks
plug on chain
coconut
bell
metal lids
wooden balls
whisk
metal measuring spoons

any good?

you could also do sensory bottles- use small plastic bottles and add interesting things like glitter water, shells in sand, beads etc. Babies and toddlers love them :thumbsup:

miffy
30-06-2012, 02:59 PM
I did one with different sized and shaped balls which went down well and I've seen a lovely one which was different eggs and spoons which I'd like to copy.

Try googling it, you'll get lots of ideas

Miffy xx

md0u0131
30-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I tend to scour charity shops and the inlaws house everytime I go for everyday things.

i then also have some themed ones - all wood, metal, lids, ribbons, buttons (older kids), keys, different sizes of balls.

tulip0803
30-06-2012, 04:48 PM
At the moment mine has:

Stretchy fleece material
leather patchwork pencil case with zip that a friend made me
Wooden Welsh love spoon
Wooden Spoon
Small plastic bottle with rice in and lid glued shut!
3 small bags with lavender, star anise and cloves sewn shut!
Wooden Decorated egg shaker
macrame bag with woven wicker circle in it
small box with a shell in it
Wooden nail brush
Large polished pebble
wooden and metal shaker
Teddy bear book mark
wooden back massager
Piece of loofah
Wooden pretzel
Bath scrunchie
Silk Hair scrunchie
Wooden scoop
small cotton drawstring bag
and wooden rings on proper old fashioned garden string

I have also done colour themed baskets, noisy basket, shiny basket, christmas basket

mushpea
30-06-2012, 07:31 PM
my lot of all ages from 11 months up to 6 years love those glass beads , the ones you get to decorate flower vases/pots,, we have black and clear ones at the moment and i picked up three more baggs of different coloured ones in the pound shop today. in the basket with them I put bottles, yoghut pots , spoons, cardboard tubes etc , they love filling the bottles then trying to empty them,, they also love putting pompoms in the bottles, its funny to watch as they squash the pompoms in to the bottle the cant work out why they cant just tip them out again:laughing:

kimlouise25
30-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Ikea and the pound shop are always good places to pick cheap bits up to go in the treasure basket. Old cardboard boxes and plastic tubs are always good for them to fill up and empty.