PDA

View Full Version : Voucher refund help

littletreasures
29-06-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm asking this for a friend.

She has been paid by Edenred vouchers for a child she is finishing with next week, so they have overpaid her.

She phoned Edenred and they said she has to give the parents a cheque refund.
I didn't think this was right as they haven't been taxed on that money.

Has anyone had dealings with this with Edenred?

Bridey
29-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Surely that is not right. I've been in this situation before and I had to send the refund to the voucher company and they refunded the parent through their wages.

littletreasures
29-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Surely that is not right. I've been in this situation before and I had to send the refund to the voucher company and they refunded the parent through their wages.

That's what I always thought. I might phone Edenred myself and see what they say

Bridey
29-06-2012, 03:47 PM
That's what I always thought. I might phone Edenred myself and see what they say

Good idea! :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
29-06-2012, 04:19 PM
No that is absolutely not right. That would be Fraud because the parent hasn't paid tax or NI on it. It has to be returned to the Voucher Company who return it to the parents Voucher Account.

I have returned money to Eden Red. You can send a cheque or do a Bacs payment. You must ask them the reference number to put on the cheque and where to send it or the account to send it to for a BACS payment. I always ask for confirmation or receipt and I sent a cheque and asked for a signature for the letter.

The Juggler
29-06-2012, 06:53 PM
agree with above. normally the minder sends a cheque back to voucher company :thumbsup:

louise
30-06-2012, 07:44 PM
I thought we had to refund Edenred. I am registered with them and have just checked and I can not see anything online but then I get given the voucher rather then it going straight into my account. I will dig out my paper work in the morning.

Velleity
30-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Ooh, I had this recently that the parent wanted me to refund them in cash and, awkward as it was, I had to refuse to do it.

littletreasures
30-06-2012, 08:04 PM
I've searched Edenred's website and can't find anything in writing as to what happens.

I have told my friend she can't just give the parent's a cheque, but would be better if I can give her something in print.

green puppy
01-07-2012, 11:04 AM
I had this happen with busy bees (then, now computershare) they phoned me to arrange a refund with them taking the money from my account and then sorting it out with parents themselves,. As others have said, it's upto Edenred to sort out the refund, your friend must not give a cheque to parents.

breezy
01-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Tell your friend to phone Edenred, they're normally helpful!