PDA

View Full Version : Buying seperate food for mindees

Wheelybug
29-06-2012, 08:07 AM
From this month I will no longer have any mindees that I have to provide an evening meal for so will only be providing an am and pm snack and lunch. At the moment I put through my expenses a set fee per meal / snack, but was thinking of changing to buying seperate food for mindees. My reasons for this are that I'll often buy specific food that I wouldn't normally buy for my own children (mainly desserts as as a family we don't tend to have dessert) but because it is in the cupboard my own children eat it! Also I don't think what I charge per meal, although it seems alot, doesn't cover what I actually spend. So I thought if I buy seperate food for the mindees and store it in a different cupboard from our own food. But what I am worried about, is obviously some of the food isn't going to get used, say for example if I brought crumpets or muffins with a limited shelf life. Does anyone know if the tax man is likely to have a problem with me doing it like this?

Thanks
Cathy
www.cathys-childminding.co.uk
www.pre-schoolplay.blogspot.com

Bridey
29-06-2012, 08:20 AM
I can't see why as we all end up throwing food away - food that the mindees won't eat or out of date stuff to comply with food regulations.

I would keep things like crumpets/bread/muffins in my freezer and just take out what I need each day.