PDA

View Full Version : Fathers day

kitty
09-06-2008, 12:34 PM
What's everybody doing for Fathers day? I would be grateful of any ideas, I've finally got my backside into gear and started planning and writing a newsletter, but can't think of anything constructive now, my brains worn out....

My mindees mum and dad have just split up :(, but am going to speak to mum today to see if she's happy for them to do something.
thanks
Kitty
xx

SimplyLucy
09-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I've just bought some lovely little flower pot kits in Somerfield, they have paints with them. We're going to paint them, then plant a little pansy in it for a fathers day present.

The kit was £1 and there is 2 pots in each kit.........bargain!

I'm split up from my childrens dad and I would hate to think someone might not do fathers day gifts with my children just because we don't live together. He's still my childrens dad no matter what, so deserves to be treated just as any father that still lives with his children..............just my opinion. :rolleyes:

avril
09-06-2008, 12:52 PM
At a toddler group this morning the children made cards, footprints on the front with the message put your feet up on fathers day inside.

I've got photo frames in the shape of people with a gap for a photo were the face is. They are made of wood so can be painted how the children like.

Oh yes they are from yellow moon.

FizzysFriends
09-06-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm split up from my childrens dad and I would hate to think someone might not do fathers day gifts with my children just because we don't live together. He's still my childrens dad no matter what, so deserves to be treated just as any father that still lives with his children..............just my opinion. :rolleyes:

Just my 2 pence worth but my daughter isn't allowed to see her dad (courts decision) as making fathers day stuff really upsets her, although she does take part but for Grandad instead.

I have just bought a fabric painter so decorated ties sound good (next year as Im not registered yet).

Kelly
09-06-2008, 01:09 PM
My mindees mum and dad have just split up :(, but am going to speak to mum today to see if she's happy for them to do something.
thanks
Kitty
xx

I am in same situation, I have done some handprints with handprint poem and a picture of LO and laminated it. Mum had said that she wouldn't buy anything but when I said we would like to make a fathers day pressie she agreed to send it for me.

Good luck

Kellt

bluestar
09-06-2008, 01:20 PM
We made the tie card and decorated it with bits of wrapping paper :)

Banana
09-06-2008, 02:26 PM
We'll be making cards and some chocolates

x

miffy
09-06-2008, 04:55 PM
We've made chocolate fudge and cards today

miffy xx

Alibali
09-06-2008, 05:36 PM
We have just made the Angel Dad cut outs from dltk, they look really good.

http://www.dltk-bible.com/mdad_angel.htm

Ali

breezy
09-06-2008, 07:53 PM
we're doing cards, poems and boxes of love!

Annie_T
09-06-2008, 11:44 PM
im not minding yet but this is what im doing with my 2 ickle ones and a mates boy for fathers day

http://printables.familyeducation.com/page/57682.html?WT.mc_id=FE_Printables_2008-06-05_email

i signed up to them and get emails with good resoures to use

feel free hun

littlewonders
10-06-2008, 05:46 AM
im not minding yet but this is what im doing with my 2 ickle ones and a mates boy for fathers day

http://printables.familyeducation.com/page/57682.html?WT.mc_id=FE_Printables_2008-06-05_email

i signed up to them and get emails with good resoures to use

feel free hun

Great site, ty :thumbsup:

JazzyL
11-06-2008, 09:42 PM
that looks a really good site, thanks :)