PDA

View Full Version : Inflatable car seat

singingcactus
29-06-2012, 06:42 AM
Just received this months copy of the which magazine and there is a report regarding the Easycarseat Inflatable. I thought you'd want to hear the write up. The which score out of 100 is 7.
Cons: This is the first inflatable seat we've tested, and it gains the lowest score of any seat. It performs so poorly that it would be innapropriate to list any superficial pros. The child is exposed to unacceptably high loads in both front and side crashes that would be likely to cause serious injury. The seat is also likely to end up under-inflated due to the use of a pressure release valve. Two factors may cause this: it may blow as the childs weight bears down on it, and it may release pressure if the temperature in the car rises, making it under inflated when the temperature falls.
The unit scored a DON'T BUY rating.

3 other car seats also scored a don't buy rating, and a score of 20 each. These were Graco Logico L and Junior Maxi, however with the back fitted the seats scored just above a don't buy, but the don't buy is for the the back is not fitted. And the Kiddy Guardianfix Pro, although this scores very highly when it is using the isofix mounts, the don't buy comes into play when it uses the adult strap.

littletreasures
29-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Thanks for this.

It's interesting about he kiddy seat. Is that with the impact shield in use do you know?

I use the kiddy infinity seats as they came out high in the which report I rear a while ago.

Ripeberry
29-06-2012, 06:51 AM
When I first heard about these seats I thought it was a joke. Did not know you could buy them :rolleyes:

desiderata
29-06-2012, 06:53 AM
thanks for the information , could you tell me about the reports for the first stage car seats please as I will be getting a baby shortly and need to get one but obviously I want to get a safe one. Hope you dont mind me asking. Thank you

rickysmiths
29-06-2012, 07:13 AM
Thank you for that. I wasn't very impressed when I saw these and would never have considered buying one though I bet thousands have. :(

Ballette
29-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Whatever will they think of next? :rolleyes:

Bridey
29-06-2012, 08:23 AM
I'm gobsmacked - I've never heard of such a thing - and a ridiculous one at that. We may as well make body armour out of lilos!

sarah707
29-06-2012, 02:45 PM
:eek: Sounds like a death trap! :(

rickysmiths
29-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Here is an example of one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Easycarseat-BEDI-1-Inflatable-Car-Seat/dp/B003D3P7NQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1340982446&sr=8-4

Ripeberry
29-06-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm gobsmacked - I've never heard of such a thing - and a ridiculous one at that. We may as well make body armour out of lilos!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Helen79
29-06-2012, 07:28 PM
It's interesting about he kiddy seat. Is that with the impact shield in use do you know?

I think the problems are if the impact shield is used with a large toddler and without the isofix. There's more info on the kiddy website about it, I think it says that the shield can still be used if it's folded.

singingcactus
30-06-2012, 02:53 PM
thanks for the information , could you tell me about the reports for the first stage car seats please as I will be getting a baby shortly and need to get one but obviously I want to get a safe one. Hope you dont mind me asking. Thank you

The report was mostly regarding 1,2,3 stage seats. Only one stage 0 seat was included. It was the BESAFE iZi Go Isofix priced at £250 scoring 76%.

As for the shield asked about, no idea. Doesn't mention anything it is just to do with being fastened into the care with just an adult belt in group 1 mode. Assuming you use the isofix points it scores highly.