PDA

View Full Version : How do you all....

kellyb
28-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Relax???

I am struggling at the moment with a combination of the heat, humidity, my bad back and just generally feeling run down.. I am constantly eating rubbish & feeling pretty crappy to be honest : ( not got any time off til last week of summer hols so gonna be a long 10 weeks from now...

So just wanted to know any tips or anything you guys do to relax and shut down from work and things that are getting you down

XxxX

sophia36
28-06-2012, 04:37 PM
I know the feeling, my holiday is the end of August and I feel like i'm on my knees now!

My vice is really, really bad telly. Hoarders, my strange addiction, my shocking story ect ect ect! My husband usually groans and leaves the room!

I think i have been watching too much ' I didn't know i was pregnant' as i had a very vivid dream last night about finding out i was in labour. I was devastated as i already have 3 children (15,11 and 5). Imagine my relief when i woke up to find it wasn't actually happening. Relief was short lived though when i remembered It was thursday and I had a 10 month old, 2x 20 month old and a just 2 year old coming today. Anyway my day is done and we had a lovely time.

Just be kind to youself, forget the ironing, turn a blind eye to dust and chill out when you can

ChocolateChip
28-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Well I would love to say that I go for a run or sweat it out at the gym but......

If I only have a short time I will play mah-jong on the laptop.
If I have a bit longer, say an hour I will play other games on the laptop, silly time management or strategy games like farm frenzy or roads of rome.
If I really need my own space I go in the bath for about two hours with a good book, a cold drink and a huge bar of chocolate :D

Oh, and come on here of course! ;)

ziggy
28-06-2012, 04:45 PM
large glass of red wine

amanda1309
28-06-2012, 05:02 PM
I love a good book in a hot bubble bath.
Bad TV
Gym/boot camp

Not that exciting but helps me :laughing:

Bridey
28-06-2012, 05:05 PM
I have Fibromyalgia (a form of chronic fatigue) so I have no problem relaxing! I'm with some of the other posters - a good book and a hot bath :)

BucksCM
28-06-2012, 05:08 PM
ice cold drink and my laptop!
Mah-Jong, scrabble, this forum...i just sit and read through, comment if I need to...

I do love a good book (chick lit.) and once i get into one I can't put it down!
I do love a nice long soak, but if my back is hurting I can't...too uncomfortable!

md0u0131
28-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Exercise then a warm bath, early night with the kindle.

I live an exciting life! :laughing:

funemnx
28-06-2012, 06:12 PM
I come here - usually with WINE!

Also Kindle (and WINE)

iplayer (and WINE) :D

janminder
28-06-2012, 08:15 PM
This Forum

Facebook

Solitaire on the laptop, been really hooked lately

miffy
28-06-2012, 08:19 PM
A nice G&T or a long walk or come on here :D

Miffy xx

jaswinder bedi
28-06-2012, 08:31 PM
I feel drained too, during the day me and my colleague do power walk with pushchair what a fun:laughing:, well hard work we do it,

After kids have gone home you could go for a quick jog or walk!! talk on the forum helps, OR a laaaaavely hot bath and listen to your favourite music lights off and trun on the candle !!! try this.:cheerleader::happy banana:

miss mopple
28-06-2012, 08:34 PM
I like to read, walk my dogs, do cross stitch and make cards :D

The Juggler
28-06-2012, 08:35 PM
i'm knackered at the moment - 4 under 5's for the last few months (2 are babies) and never imagined how hard it would be both mentally and physically.

I go to a class (can't do the gym it bores me to tears) - drag myself there a few times a week even when really pooped - it really helps, I come away exhilarated, more tired but I sleep well and it does help - really.

Eating well helps too. have some crap but make it in your treats, just make sure you eat good healthy balanced meals with some chocs or whatever later on as a treat. Nutrition can make all the difference to your energy and moods honey

loocyloo
28-06-2012, 08:42 PM
i used to have a dance class and i miss it,

but i sing and have choir practice a couple of times a week...can't think about anything else whilst singing.

i just managed to start sewing again after ages, although i'm currently sewing story sacs & bags :rolleyes:

i read endlessly and drink wine!

trace
28-06-2012, 08:50 PM
nice soak in the bath with face mask on and candles and glass of wine :clapping:

laptop, reading, playing games on line all with glass of wine :blush:

sue m
29-06-2012, 05:51 AM
Reiki......... it works for me. Like Bridey I have fibromyalgia and I'm 60 in a few weeks. It is very hard when you get older. I work for 10 hours a day but take Fridays off which are spent running round like a blue ***** fly doing shopping and catching up on paperwork etc.

I have reiki once a fortnight and it relaxes me and helps with the aches and pains of the fibromyalgia - and old age :(

Roseolivia
29-06-2012, 06:41 AM
I watch tv mostly but have started baking cakes (not good at them but want to perfect icing), once the kids get older i may start walking again.

kellyb
29-06-2012, 08:42 AM
I feel drained too, during the day me and my colleague do power walk with pushchair what a fun:laughing:, well hard work we do it,

After kids have gone home you could go for a quick jog or walk!! talk on the forum helps, OR a laaaaavely hot bath and listen to your favourite music lights off and trun on the candle !!! try this.:cheerleader::happy banana:

Love the sound of this thank you!

kellyb
29-06-2012, 08:44 AM
i'm knackered at the moment - 4 under 5's for the last few months (2 are babies) and never imagined how hard it would be both mentally and physically.

I go to a class (can't do the gym it bores me to tears) - drag myself there a few times a week even when really pooped - it really helps, I come away exhilarated, more tired but I sleep well and it does help - really.

Eating well helps too. have some crap but make it in your treats, just make sure you eat good healthy balanced meals with some chocs or whatever later on as a treat. Nutrition can make all the difference to your energy and moods honey
Thank you I need to stop eating so much junk
That's havin an effect on me too x

hectors house
29-06-2012, 11:30 AM
I have just been diagnosed with sudden onset menopause and energy levels have hit rock bottom, even though started on HRT.

I have swapped my food cupboards round so at the moment when I open the cupboard (which for 13 years until last week), had the chocolate, crisps, biscuits in, I am confronted with contents of my cooking cupboard - dried apricots, dates and raisins seems to be helping me snack heathily.

I have started doing Zumba and even when I am physically exhausted and have to drag myself through the door, I surprise myself and find some energy, bounce and a smile after all.

Ripeberry
29-06-2012, 12:53 PM
I don't watch TV much if at all. Spend my leisure time either gardening, on forums and doing drawing, taking photos and writing stories for my website. I usually think of the stories first thing in the morning and then make notes before breakfast and write them up on the computer in the evening when the girls are in bed. I try and do other paperwork during the working day when the kids are playing or having a nap. Housework is done on my day off.
Weekends I just want to stay in bed all Saturday morning as I'm up at 6am everyday so a 9am wake up is luxury. :D

Ripeberry
29-06-2012, 12:55 PM
But then I suppose I've got too much nervous energy and then I forget to eat all day if I have a good breakfast. If I miss breakfast then I eat rubbish all day long.

Ballette
29-06-2012, 01:37 PM
What a great topic. I can't relax at all. When I'm not working, I'm taxiing my twins around to all their many activities. :yawning:

The Juggler
29-06-2012, 06:57 PM
I have just been diagnosed with sudden onset menopause and energy levels have hit rock bottom, even though started on HRT.

I have swapped my food cupboards round so at the moment when I open the cupboard (which for 13 years until last week), had the chocolate, crisps, biscuits in, I am confronted with contents of my cooking cupboard - dried apricots, dates and raisins seems to be helping me snack heathily.

I have started doing Zumba and even when I am physically exhausted and have to drag myself through the door, I surprise myself and find some energy, bounce and a smile after all.

oh hon. and is all the fruit helping with your energy levels??? you know there are some great foods out there - especially green veg, sweet potatoes etc. have a google (my brother is a bit of a healthy food guru and is always telling me what to eat to cure everything!) :)