PDA

View Full Version : Stressed

venus89
09-06-2008, 11:19 AM
So.. my 9 month old mindee decides halfway through lunch today that cats are scary. The cat miaows, he bursts into tears (mouth full of food). So the cat's anxious, miaows again to covey that, the baby cried, snot and food all over the place! Then he can't look at the cat without crying, cat refuses to leave because she's worried (and thinks his lunch smells pretty good). This went on for a good ten minutes, during which time I got through about four baby wipes and only about 2 spoonsful of food. In the end I gave up trying to give him the first bit and just fed him the fruit puree which he loves, although I really don't want to be doing that but baby's got to eat something......

Now 99% of it was being tired, I'm positive, but oh it was testing my minding skills! As I started typing this I thought he wasn't going to settle down either but - fingers firmly crossed - there is silence from the upper regions at the moment.... Let's hope he forgets cats are scary when he wakes up!

sarah707
09-06-2008, 11:27 AM
1 year old here has decided he will cry at every little thing today...

I sympathise :rolleyes:

venus89
09-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Oh dear - I sympathise back!

Blaze
09-06-2008, 11:56 AM
My sympathies to the both of you!:)

venus89
09-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Oh no - he's woken up again after 1/2 hour (that's all he had this morning too) instead of his usual 1 - 1 1/2 hours kip. Won't be put down, won't play, I've actually popped him up to see if he can get back to sleep, or else it's a long walk for us this afternoon (and a couple of headache tablets....).