PDA

View Full Version : Quick bit of advise...

jumping j
28-06-2012, 08:15 AM
I have an assistant who is currently completing her CYPW diploma, her assessor came out on tuesday to do some observations and had asked me to do a witness account.
Any ideas or sugeestions on where to start?!?!
And also an appraisal.

Has anyone had to do anything like this?
I've no idea where to start so any ideas would be helpful
Thank you

Smiley
28-06-2012, 12:58 PM
the witness account is quite straight forward, it is about doing a written account of something you have witnessed your assistant doing with the date and your signature at the bottom. it will need to be relevant to the evidence she needs for the particular unit she is working on.

The appraisal is something that is done maybe on an annual basis and managers would carry this out on their staff. You could consider including time management skills, professional development, any courses undertaken, competence in working with children, realiabilty etc

hope this helps

mama2three
28-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Tell her to look and see where she has gaps in her evidence - then you can 'witness' her doing whatever she needs! as for an appraisal it can be as informal as you like - go over her role , is she happy , are you happy , what would you like her to develop further , what would she like to develop further , and by when!

jumping j
28-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Great thank you,
I'm really good at filling forms, answering question etc. but when it comes to a blank sheet of paper my mind goes blank:blush: