PDA

View Full Version : Phil & Ted

kel1983
27-06-2012, 08:56 PM
We currently have a E3 and finding it so heavy to push even with just little one in it. Think it may be time to invest in an upgrade. It seems really hard to turn and seems to clonk a lot. Put new wheels and tyres in it when i first bought it second hand.

Im just a little worried that if I upgrade I may still encounter the same problems. Im also considering another brand and model. Have looked at the Britax B Dual and like the look of it.

Has anyone else upgraded from an E3 and seen the improvements. Maybe to the Sport or vibe.

fluff1975
27-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Crikey I've never found my E3 to be heavy even with 2 children and the school 'bits' of 4 children stuffed on and in it. The only time it's heavy is if the tire pressure is too low or if I have puncture. Have you checked the pressure?

I did find that the front wheel needed removing, greasing and putting back in again, but it was sticking rather than heavy to push.

Not much help, sorry!

kel1983
27-06-2012, 09:11 PM
All tyres pumped up to correct pressure. May try greesing the front wheel.

It just feels like the children are having a bumpy ride. I have a nipper 360 too which is lovely to push compared to my E3. There doesnt seem to be any suspension. Perhaps I'm just too spoilt with the nipper.

blue bear
28-06-2012, 06:13 AM
I have a sport and nipper, the nipper is Definetly more bouncy. I take out the wheels on p+t and put wd40 on them now and again it does make a difference. I can't say it feels heavier though.

muffins
28-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Could the ball bearings needs replacing?

Rubybubbles
28-06-2012, 07:49 AM

It just feels like the children are having a bumpy ride. I have a nipper 360 too which is lovely to push compared to my E3. There doesnt seem to be any suspension. Perhaps I'm just too spoilt with the nipper.

I have a E3 and nipper, when I got my nipper my E3 which I loved felt really heavy to push! maybe it is just the comparing to nipper? I found if I had to do a inner tube repair it wasn't always a smooth ride:rolleyes:

kel1983
28-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Could the ball bearings needs replacing?

bought new wheels which had the new bearing etc only a couple of months ago. Perhaps i'm just comparing it too much with the nipper. (Love my nipper:))

Does anyne have a britax b daul? What do you think of them?

~Grasshopper~
28-06-2012, 08:23 AM
just dont get a vibe, its really heavy. i sold my vibe to get a nipper which i hated, way to wide and hard to store ect. so i bought a sport which i love.

it does get stiff when the tyres are flat but is otherwise brilliant.

x

AliceK
28-06-2012, 08:27 AM
I used to have a Sport and i loved it and never can say I found it heavy but then I also bought a Nipper and the difference is vast, the nipper is so light. So I would say although the P&T is brilliant compared to the vast majority of doubles if you have the Nipper as well then it wont seem as good as yes you have been spoiled :laughing:.

xxxx

CH1957
28-06-2012, 09:27 AM

I had the P&T Sport but hated it. Im trying to sell it now. I found it tipped sideways if trying to go up an uneven step or something, also dont like that little bucket seat. Ive just bought the Nipper 360 and love it, so easy to push. Ok its more difficult around shops etc and it doesnt fit through my front door but I much prefer it.