PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a it down...

MissTinkerbell
09-06-2008, 10:17 AM
:( Well I'm feeling rather sad. Well the mum came and I knew her and she was really nice. We had a good long chat and she was very impressed with my services.

However she would have only wanted me for Mon - 12-5.30pm; Wed 7.30am- 9am; and then 1-3pm plus Friday 1-2pm.

I had to say no because this would have really limited me in finding another part-time under 5 to make it wortwhile. If I'd had another under 5 space I would have said yes, but I only have 1 under 5 space due to having my darling twins so this really wouldn't have been financially viable for 11 and a half hours. I have done the right thing in saying 'no' haven't I?

However I guess on the plus side she said she would have loved me to have her girls and would definitely recommend me to anyone she knew who was looking for something full-time and that they were trying for another and I'd definitely be first on her list to look after any new baby.

Just feel down about it, after being so excited about it since Thursday when I had the call.

Guess no money just yet! Min you have had an enquiry about the car.

carolinel
09-06-2008, 10:27 AM
I do think you have made the right decision. with only having 1 full time space, this is where you will earn the money. It's good that she will recommend you!
fingers crossed you get another enquiry soon.

sarah707
09-06-2008, 10:42 AM
It's awful when you can't help them isn't it?

it's really positive that she wanted you though... :D

SimplyLucy
09-06-2008, 10:49 AM
However she would have only wanted me for Mon - 12-5.30pm; Wed 7.30am- 9am; and then 1-3pm plus Friday 1-2pm.

With the Wednesday hours will you be taking the child to pre-school and collecting them?

If I take and collect a child that goes to pre-school I charge whilst they are at the pre-school. I do this because it would be impossible to find a part timer to fill those hours.

If you did this it would push the hours up to 14 hours, and you might be able to find another part timer for tuesdays and thursdays.

If you did have an enquiry for the Friday you could always apply for a variation seeing as you'd only be over for 1 hour. :rolleyes:

MissTinkerbell
09-06-2008, 11:03 AM
With the Wednesday hours will you be taking the child to pre-school and collecting them?

If I take and collect a child that goes to pre-school I charge whilst they are at the pre-school. I do this because it would be impossible to find a part timer to fill those hours.

I did ask this but she said that the childminder she has at the moment didn't charge for the times that LO was at preschool so she would rather not. If she was willing to pay whilst at preschool then I would have agreed to looking after her girls.

katickles
09-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Sorry this enquiry hasn't worked out for you Melanie, & I really hope that somethings comes your way soon :)

foxy lady
09-06-2008, 12:42 PM
oh sorry it wasnt thr right one for you.
you would had kicked yourself tho if you had said yes then someone called next week wanting alot more hours (which they prolly will at some stage)
keep your chin up im someting will come along soon:thumbsup:

charleyfarley
09-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Sorry this one didn't work out for you but you did make the right decision by turning it down

Really hope a full timer is just around the corner

Carol xx

Alibali
09-06-2008, 06:04 PM
It is hard when you feel you have let them down, but it is a business and we need to stay profesional, and earn to our potential. Hope all works out well.

Ali x

breezy
09-06-2008, 07:33 PM
you've done the right thing, but it is really hard especially when they're nice!
I would think she'd be hard pushed to find someone who doesn't charge when child at preschool :thumbsup:

childminder54
09-06-2008, 07:33 PM
i charge when they are there...

jaja
11-06-2008, 11:07 AM
bless you, unfortuanatly (sp?) you carnt help everyone, good luck with finding someone new xx

nell57
11-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Sorry it hasn't worked out for you this time, hope you get a call soon.

Helen

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 06:59 AM
Thats a shame

Hope you get some more calls soon

Angel xx

Splish Splosh
12-06-2008, 07:53 AM
sorry it didnt work out for you sure something will turn up soon.