PDA

View Full Version : after school pick up for 1 hour?! need advice quick

Starfish007
27-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Hi guys, a neighbour has just asked me if I would collect her 9 yr old son from sept 5 days a week, but just for one hour. I usually say no less than 2 hrs after school but parent is really keen.

What would you do, I said I would let her know by tonight x

butterfly
27-06-2012, 12:06 PM
I would say yes but charge her my 'after school rate' which is equivialnt to two hours care.

Goatgirl
27-06-2012, 12:09 PM
I would either just charge for hours contracted but charge a higher than usual hourly rate e.g my ah doc rate of £5 rather than the usual £3.75

Or...

I would charge a minimum 'session' rate according to how much I could afford to lose on that place and whether I'd be likely to fill it by September if I turned the parent down. (Usually £7.50 (2 hours))

Good luck :thumbsup:

best wishes,
Wendy :)

p.s. just re read that child is 9 years so not affecting your under 8's numbers, so I'd go for a higher rate per hour and think of it as a bonus place :thumbsup: Unless there is another reason i.e. space in car etc that it would stop you taking on a child for the full afternoon session.

Starfish007
27-06-2012, 12:10 PM
I dont think she will pay it though butterfly. I charge £4 per hour, what do you think about me charging her £6, equivalent of 1 1/2 hours? x

Bridey
27-06-2012, 12:13 PM
If you are happy with that then why not?

He won't affect your early years numbers and an extra £30 a week always helps!

BucksCM
27-06-2012, 12:13 PM
I would.
But then the junior school is walking distance from mine and I have a permission form for parents to sign so they can walk home.(no roads to cross, 5 mins walk)
Doesn't count in your numbers as over 8
No tea just snack
And as said already, charge a slightly higher rate as it does take up an afterschool space.

Starfish007
27-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Thankyou guys so much for quick response and great advice. I'm going to offer her the choice of paying £6. And yes £30 extra sounds lovely x