PDA

View Full Version : how do you do snacktime

lucyD
27-06-2012, 09:37 AM
I have assessor coming soon for my first one since starting level 3 course & she wants to see a snacktime. I am usually informal as I only have 1 mindee & my own son so it depends what they want as to how I do it. Sometimes up the table,outside on a nice day, or simply having a handful of raisins on the go...what would you suggest to show her what I need to? Mindee is 16months, my son is 18 months, so sometimes I wash hands other times i just use wipes...what would you do?

loocyloo
27-06-2012, 10:20 AM
we have snack time all over the place ... either at table in kitchen, sometimes ( rarely ) little table in playroom, picnic inside or outside.
sometimes i put a selection of food out and the children self select, other times i do a plate each of whatever we are having. the older children pour water for everyone.

but we always wash hands/go to the toilet before snack and we always wash hands after. sometimes if we are outside i take out a fresh bowl of water & a towel and we wash hands outside.

we always sit down to eat & drink. we say please and thank you ;) (mindees mum is very pleased at how polite her LO is :D )

rickysmiths
27-06-2012, 10:26 AM
we have snack time all over the place ... either at table in kitchen, sometimes ( rarely ) little table in playroom, picnic inside or outside.
sometimes i put a selection of food out and the children self select, other times i do a plate each of whatever we are having. the older children pour water for everyone.

but we always wash hands/go to the toilet before snack and we always wash hands after. sometimes if we are outside i take out a fresh bowl of water & a towel and we wash hands outside.

we always sit down to eat & drink. we say please and thank you ;) (mindees mum is very pleased at how polite her LO is :D )

I agree.

I never allow food on the go or drinks while they are walking around for fear of choking or falling and hurting themselves with a cup. Drinks are always available on the table but they learn to come and sit down while they drink.

mama2three
27-06-2012, 10:53 AM
hands washed , helping to prepare , and sitting together using manners are the only 'standard' things that always happen - what , where etc varies from day to day.

mushpea
27-06-2012, 10:56 AM
mine wash hands or use wipes if were out, they sit either at the table or on a blanket together and they wait unitll they have all finished unless one is delibritly taking ages to make the others wait. then they give me their plates and say thanks and they go and play.