PDA

View Full Version : What do you do in the garden...

Helen Dempster
26-06-2012, 08:12 PM
...with the little ones who can't yet walk? Do you sit them in something, let them stand against something etc? I find it difficult when I have two 3yo and a 10mo. I've put her in the buggy so she can still sit out with us, but I'm sure there's a better way?

loocyloo
26-06-2012, 08:21 PM
all in one waterproof suit and once they can sit, in a bumbo, on a soft mat/picnic rug with things to explore, or once able to stand, i have propped them up with me at the sand or water tray.

once crawling around ... waterproof suit and 'freedom' !!!

BucksCM
26-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Sit them in a buggy, on a rug on the grass, on the foam mats on my patio...the latter two with a box of toys. It is difficult to include them with everything but they are out there with us, watching us and playing...

muffins
26-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Apart from rolling around on a rug I have an activity center which I just put in the shade, they love it cos they can see the others running around well!:thumbsup:

The Juggler
26-06-2012, 10:20 PM
:laughing: had fun and games today with my little one (11m). she eats ANYTHING that is not food. so let her crawl around but had to stop her trying to eat sand, mud the wooden fence, the snails - can't take my eyes off her for a minute. Am showing her how to play with the stuff not eat it and getting there. When I really need to do something I use a bumbo or ride on or bring the highchair to the garden and give her a snack and drink :thumbsup:

like others when it's muddy I use an all in one wetsuit thingy

mrs robbie williams
27-06-2012, 05:29 AM
my non walker goes in the baby walker on the patio in the garden, we are lucky that our garden is completely flat x

PerkyEars
27-06-2012, 05:40 AM
Let then crawl around under supervision, and then pop back in a buggy when I want to have a break from taking things out of their hands/mouths. :laughing:

It's not just the little ones though. 3 yr old picked up a snail and gave it a kiss today!! :eek::eek::eek:

singingcactus
27-06-2012, 07:04 AM
I pop them on the ground. Then when we're done I get them changed into another outfit.

hectors house
27-06-2012, 11:25 AM
When the grass is wet I put a plastic shower curtain on it with a blanket over for babies who can sit but not crawl yet so they can be on the floor with others. When they can crawl, I just put an extra pair of trousers over their own if they haven't got all in one waterproof, that way is extra layer on their knees on gravel or bark.

Of course the grass shouldn't be wet - it should be bone dry and going brown - IT IS SUMMER!