PDA

View Full Version : This just sums up my whole career

JCrakers
26-06-2012, 05:57 PM
The only thing I hate about my job (other than the poo,snot and sick :D) is the fact that as childminders we just aren't recognised for what we do. It makes me so cross

Conversation I had this morning at toddler group with a lady who lives opposite me.

Me: Your little one starts school soon doesn't he?
Mum: Yes, cant believe it! Only problem I'm going to have is getting someone to have him in the school holidays. Its going to be harder now as nursery wont have him all year through.
Me: (jokingly) You should have had a childminder then ;)
Mum: Well, Yes I suppose but I wanted him to go somewhere that offers more educational things other than someone who just looks after him. He does loads at nursery....painting, glueing,learning his numbers and shapes
Me: oh, ok....(pause) We do all that don't we girls (talking to two girls I had with me) and I work to EYFS guidelines so do more or less the same as a nursery and prob more as I have more time to spend with each child
Mum: Really,are you Ofsted registered too?
Me: Yes !
Mum: Oh I didn't realise, that's a bit much isn't it. Do they expect you to do loads of things with the kids? blah,blah,blah.....

:angry:

Ripeberry
26-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Just can't win can we?

sarah707
26-06-2012, 06:11 PM
1 more person educated today! :clapping:

rickysmiths
26-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Oh Dear!!! I'd have given her my card :rolleyes:

md0u0131
26-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Oh dear :(

I am starting with a little girl two days a week from September as she finds full time nursery too tiring. The mum said to me "I don't mind if you stick her in front of the telly all day, she'll be at nursery to learn things".

:eek:

kellib
26-06-2012, 06:40 PM
My best friend insists on calling me a babysitter :angry: Don't think she realises that I actually run a business! :rolleyes:

Monkey26
26-06-2012, 08:09 PM
My best friend insists on calling me a babysitter :angry: Don't think she realises that I actually run a business! :rolleyes:

:eek: My best friend wouldn't dare!!! She is constantly sticking up for me/our profession and says that I do way more than she does as a police officer, in a massive city centre!!! :thumbsup: xx

kellib
26-06-2012, 08:11 PM
:eek: My best friend wouldn't dare!!! She is constantly sticking up for me/our profession and says that I do way more than she does as a police officer, in a massive city centre!!! :thumbsup: xx

Mine is a bit ditzy at times so although I keep telling her it makes no difference, it's scary to think she's in charge of planes landing at times! :laughing:

BucksCM
26-06-2012, 08:28 PM
uh oh!!:(
Another reason why when people ask what I do I will tell them "I'm an Ofsted registered childminder"
Oh really...you're with ofsted, like the schools?
Uhh....yes!!

Monkey26
26-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Mine is a bit ditzy at times so although I keep telling her it makes no difference, it's scary to think she's in charge of planes landing at times! :laughing:

Lol :laughing: xx