View Full Version : NMCA OR MM

26-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Does anyone know how much the PLI is with the NCMA OR MM, per year for a newly registered childminder.


26-06-2012, 03:56 PM
You can't directly compare the cost between these two.

MM is purely an Insurance Broker selling insurance and they will cover childminders. They over some added extras like a craft magazine online and paperwork but they are really only interested in selling insurance not in childminders any more than any other customer.

MCMA is a membership organisation, a registered charity who represent childminders interests at all levels including to Government Ofsted etc. This representation will always benefit all childminders like the low Ofsted Registration fee, no just its members.

As a member of NCMA and you pay a membership fee, they offer Public Liability Insurance at a much cheaper rate than MM.

I have just had my renewal for my annual Membership and my Public Lib and Employers Insurance and the total is approx £80, £25 of which is for the Insurance and the rest is my Membership fee.

Ii is you choice as to being a member or NCMA or not. Some members prefer to take their insurance out through MM.

26-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Morton Michel insurance currently costs £44. You can read about it on the website -


There are quite a few extras.

As Ricky says to buy NCMA insurance you must first join NCMA which makes the cost much higher.

The most important thing is that the level of cover suits you so read the policy documents first.

Hth :D