PDA

View Full Version : child that wees every time they sleep

danielle10392
25-06-2012, 03:42 PM
good afternoon everyone ..

i have a big problem that i am unsure how to deal with. i look after a 3 year old who i collect from nursery everyday. mum originally said she did not want her having a sleep during the day however i find it impossible to do this. no matter how much i distract the child from sleeping she will just end up sitting on sofa or lying on floor and going to sleep. mum is now okay with this. however every time she sleeps she wees. she refuses to put a nappy on and kicks and screams if i even mention it. she has ruined my sofa and my carpet now stinks! what do i do?? help!!!

thank you :)

butterfly
25-06-2012, 03:49 PM
I think you need to discuss this with Mum. Is she dry at night? Probably not. I use nappies on my older children when they sleep if they are not dry at night. The trouble is she's falling asleep rather than being put down for a nap and therefore you wouldn't know when to put the nappy on. Could you use a protective blanket under where she's lying?

danielle10392
25-06-2012, 03:58 PM
ive spoke to mum previously but she doesnt seem to pay much attention. i put puppy training pads underneath her however it goes straight through! its so stressful. when i have other children around at the same time it just isnt hygenic - its happening every other day :( xx

Bridey
25-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Pull ups or ... as I have done before in an emergency ... slip a Pampers care mat under them as they fall asleep.

If the child is tired she must be allowed to sleep.

Helen79
25-06-2012, 04:51 PM
depends on how much of a deep sleeper she is but could you pop a nappy on once she's fallen asleep.

I'd take her on the loo just before she's likely to fall asleep and while she's sitting on the loo swap her pants for a pull up. Lots of loud sing songs and hopefully it'll be on before she has chance to notice and kick off about it.
If you make more of a routine of her nap time rather than her just dropping off whenever then she'll get used to wearing a pull up.

Ask mum what she uses at night time at home and see if you can use the same at your house.

miffy
25-06-2012, 05:15 PM
depends on how much of a deep sleeper she is but could you pop a nappy on once she's fallen asleep.

I'd take her on the loo just before she's likely to fall asleep and while she's sitting on the loo swap her pants for a pull up. Lots of loud sing songs and hopefully it'll be on before she has chance to notice and kick off about it.
If you make more of a routine of her nap time rather than her just dropping off whenever then she'll get used to wearing a pull up.

Ask mum what she uses at night time at home and see if you can use the same at your house.

I agree with Helen - if she needs a sleep after nursery it's much better to establish a routine and put her down with a pull up or whatever mum uses at home on.

Miffy xx

QualityCare
26-06-2012, 07:21 AM
I agree with letting her sleep, suggest she goes to the toilet just before she would normally fall asleep and put a pair of pull ups over her own knickers telling her their sleep time knickers to keep your sofa clean.

dette
26-06-2012, 08:40 AM
If child isnt dry at night and wees everytime they sleep its better for the child to be wearing a nappy but failing this try popping her onto a picnic blanket with a towel on top,obviously not one you intend to eat off.this should protect your furniture/carpet.

ChocolateChip
26-06-2012, 10:12 AM
I have one who is three but not yet at nursery, she needs a sleep before lunch but doesn't wear a pull up. To be fair she is quite good but we have had the odd accident so for her I put a Pampers care mat over a spare changing mat on the lounge floor and she has her own cushion and fleece blanket to snuggle up with.
Sounds tight but we had a new suite before Christmas and I find the care mats don't stay in place very well on the sofa and I don't want it ruined.