PDA

View Full Version : Swimming Policy

hectors house
25-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Hi

Just wondered if any takes their mindees swimming and if they have a policy they wouldn't mind sharing.

I have only got one mindee on a Monday from now on, until I fill the space and took him swimming today - it wasn't until we were in the pool, that I realised that whilst I had verbal permission maybe I should have written permission and I definitinely should have a policy and I don't even have a written risk assessment!

We did have a great time and he didn't drown and I made sure I preserved his and my modesty as much as possible in the changing rooms (would you put something about that in the policy?)

rickysmiths
25-06-2012, 04:23 PM
I used to include it in my permissions when I was able to take mindees swimming. I have never had a Policy, but yes I would write a Risk Assessment.

TooEarlyForGin?
25-06-2012, 05:40 PM
I verbally check with parents that they are happy if we go swimming (which of course all are thrilled I am willing to do it). I just have a risk assessment, and permission form for older children during the holidays to state that they can swim. :D

miffy
25-06-2012, 07:30 PM
I would have written parental permission and do a RA but not a policy

Miffy xx

MrsP2C
25-06-2012, 07:30 PM
My CM used to take my son swimming once a week and I signed a permission form and got a copy of her RA. Can't really see a need for a policy though

hectors house
26-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Thank you for replies - will do a risk assessment and do a permission form and get parent to sign before we go again next Monday.

We had a great time and had a text from his mum this morning, thanking me for taking him and she said he hasn't stopped talking about it since got home yesterday.

:)

miffy
26-06-2012, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=hectors house;1120960

We had a great time and had a text from his mum this morning, thanking me for taking him and she said he hasn't stopped talking about it since got home yesterday.

:)[/QUOTE]

That's great - nice to be appreciated :thumbsup:

Miffy xx