PDA

View Full Version : Spoons and forks

Carol M
25-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Can anyone recommend a spoon/fork set that would help my 23mth mindee with his eating. He is a very keen eater but with all the toddler spoon/forks i've tried he turns them over just as about to go in his mouth and spills it.
I have looked on some special needs websites and found a set I think might help but just wanted to ask you lot if you tried something that helped.
Thank you in advance
Carol xx

Playmate
25-06-2012, 12:54 PM
We have a set that is angled. It has really helped our little one and I belive parents bought them in Boots. Hth :D

JulieA
25-06-2012, 02:09 PM
We have a set that is angled. It has really helped our little one and I belive parents bought them in Boots. Hth :D

I have a couple of sets of these for those children between the being fed and competantly feeding themselves stages. They are from Boots or Mothercare and quite reasonably priced. I think they come as a pair and so are both left and right handed.

blue bear
25-06-2012, 08:54 PM
I found the plastic picnic ones worked best, not the small ones though, the big wide ones, more like shovels as they hold a lot the weight keeps the spoon harder to tip and find the lo's keep them the right way up. They still just eat a bit from the tip of the spoon so not cramming loads in.

Carol M
26-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Thank you all :)
Carol xx

Monkey26
26-06-2012, 08:02 PM
We use a normal teaspoon and a cake fork in this house :D xx