big hugs, not an easy time for you

~Grasshopper~
25-06-2012, 09:39 AM
oh no, big hugs

rip
xxxx

BucksCM
OH Sue...sending hugs...:group hug: at this difficult time for you.

Kiddleywinks
:( aww, poor you.

We lost our Jack Russell last September, and we miss him soo much.
It's ok to cry, so let it out xx

Bridey
25-06-2012, 09:42 AM
I know exactly how you feel Sue. Even thinking about what I'm about to say is making me tear up. I had my beautiful golden retriever put down last October - she was 13 and came to live with us as a 6 year old. It was an incredibly painful experience. When I left the vet I just sat in the car hyperventilating and shaking as if I was going into shock. I think it took a few weeks before I could get through a whole day without crying.

I remembered dreading the first day back at work after her death as I couldn't imagine the doorbell ringing and no barking.

The pain does fade but the memories don't. I also get a strange feeling now and then that she is there next to me, huffing away with that big silly doggy grin on her face.

My heart goes out to you and your family - you did the right thing x

sarahjane
25-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Awww run free at the rainbow bridge old man, you were well loved xxxx

He's still there with you Sue, they never leave xxxxx

caz3007
25-06-2012, 10:10 AM
I know how you feel as we had to make the decision earlier this year to let our lovely lab go.

Hugs to you x

angeldelight
25-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Sorry to hear that Sue

Sending big hugs

Angel xxx

mushpea
25-06-2012, 10:21 AM
big hugs and sympathy to you,,
we recently lost our cat and although we only had him 2years I still expect to see him dash through the lliving room.
its awful when they go, the pain does fade but the memories wont

watgem
25-06-2012, 11:31 AM
so sorry to hear that, dogs become such a big part of the family, sending you all big hugsxxxxx

Tazmin68
25-06-2012, 11:45 AM
We lost our previous boxer nearly three years ago and had to put her to sleep I held her throughout. Hubby has ms and was in a right mess. Three weeks later collected an 8 week pup. We still have sugars ashes have not been able to scatter them yet. I just missed her snoring as the house was so quiet.

I do like sugar but I still miss taz

TheBTeam
25-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Gosh so sorry, I have no idea what it is like to lose a dog, but as soon as i read springer it made me look lovingly at my two and just pray the day is a long way off!

It isnt much comfort but try to take some from knowing that your love was enough to do the right thing for him when it was needed.

Rubybubbles
25-06-2012, 11:49 AM
oh hun:(

Lots of love x

sarak31
25-06-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Our dog is so much part of the family, I got tearful when I drove away from kennels after leaving him last holiday. I can't imagine what you are going through.
Xx

Mouse
25-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Our pets do become such a massive part of our families that it's heartbreaking when they go.

miffy
25-06-2012, 12:34 PM
So sorry to hear that Sue

Thinking of you xx

Miffy xx

Stapleton83
25-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Sending a big hug and lots of support. Our Yorkshire Terrier is 14 and is not in the greatest health but my mum said something that I thought was lovely they are only lent to us for a short while to make our lives a better place.

Chin up x

TooEarlyForGin?
25-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Really feel for you. We lost our 14 yo black lab last November, it broke my heart, even my husband openly cried.

We have now got another puppy, who is very different to our old dog and bringing us lots of joy, but we still chat about our old dog and what he would be doing in different situations.

hectors house
25-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Really sorry to hear your news - non dog owners can sympathise, but won't really understand that losing your dog is the same as losing your best friend, and your whole way of life that you have established over the last 15 years is changed just like that.

I used to sometimes "see" our old dog in the garden, out of the corner of my eye - it scared me the first couple of times, but then gave me comfort.

Thinking of you, take each day as it comes.

x

Shivvie
25-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Sat here in tears :(. Big hugs to you and your family.

We have a golden retriever, Maggie, who is 9 years old and I can't begin to imagine how we will cope when the time comes. We have cats too and some of our previous cats are now in pet heaven. I still think of them and sometimes have a little cry. Pets are part of the family and I really feel for you. Thinking of you xx