PDA

View Full Version : Activity ideas anyone

pinkellifun
25-06-2012, 09:27 AM
I am going to be minding some children in the summer holidays (my first mindees - yippee!:jump for joy:) and would like some advice as to what I could do with them during these days.

I will be having three 5 y.o. boys and one 4 y.o. girl for two days a week.:panic:

What kind of things could I do with them - and I mean anything like days out, craft activities, outdoor activities, indoor games, absolutely anything you can think of would be much appreciated. I know the days will be long and don't want them to get bored!!!! :blush:

Thanks.

BucksCM
25-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Lots of outdoor activities if possible, especially with 3 boys! Parks, river walks, den building. Depending what the little girl is in to I would say a buggy with a doll while out on the walks but she might be just at home playing with the boys!
We're lucky that we have a stream that runs through the village, so I prepare the mums, ask for crocs , change of clothes etc and we spend the day down in the village. Also took a couple of nets, plastic boats and a few extra cups to play with.
Even just taking the craft activities outside if it's nice. Treasure hunts on walks, find a red leaf, small stick, smooth stone, dog paw print, bugs under stuff, spider's web, yellow flower, how many different leaves can you find...list is endless if you really think about it:D

pinkellifun
27-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Thanks debbiewebb.

I need to find out what kind of walks / nature stuff there is around here to see if there is anything we can go and do.

My son wants to learn about Africa so i think I'll start the summer with that and progress from there.

rickysmiths
27-06-2012, 05:56 PM
You could make a big shape of Africa and put it on a door or window or wall. As you find out more about it you could sick things on. Like colouring animals and put them where they come from. Mark on the desserts and stick sand on them it sicks and looks like sand if you mix the sand with PVA and paint it on with a spoon. You could look at the different trees and flowers form different parts of Africa, Mark on the mountains and rivers and lakes. Great fun.

fluff1975
27-06-2012, 09:48 PM
The Woodland Trust have some superb activities, printables & craft ideas. We went for a nature walk on Monday and I'd printed their 'Spotter' sheets. The Children LOVED finding all the different things!

http://www.naturedetectives.org.uk/

BucksCM
27-06-2012, 10:39 PM
The Woodland Trust have some superb activities, printables & craft ideas. We went for a nature walk on Monday and I'd printed their 'Spotter' sheets. The Children LOVED finding all the different things!

That looks like a good site...thanks!:D
Saved in favourites:thumbsup:

pinkellifun
28-06-2012, 07:09 AM
You could make a big shape of Africa and put it on a door or window or wall. As you find out more about it you could sick things on. Like colouring animals and put them where they come from. Mark on the desserts and stick sand on them it sicks and looks like sand if you mix the sand with PVA and paint it on with a spoon. You could look at the different trees and flowers form different parts of Africa, Mark on the mountains and rivers and lakes. Great fun.

Thanks rickysmiths. This is a fantastic idea which had never even crossed my mind. Will definitely be taking this on board. :)

pinkellifun
28-06-2012, 07:15 AM

This is great. I never knew these websites existed so I will definitely be using these. Thanks :D