PDA

View Full Version : Its only Monday but....

melco
25-06-2012, 08:47 AM
I feel like the worst Mother ever!!!

I had a text this morning from a mum who is waiting for an ambulance for her older son :( he hurt his head last night and had an ambulance out last night but this morning they could not wake him and he has blood round his mouth :panic: so they text me this morning to see if I could have their other son, I texted back that was fine so then we had to rush.

The reason I now feel guilty about my children and feel the worst mum ever is that I was then telling my two to hurry up, to get this, to get that and even forgot to do their lunch so they have gone to school with bread sticks instead of a sandwich, frube, skips, apple, harvest bar and raisins, this will probably be enough but I just feel that I have not been a good mum this morning, have rushed them and then tried to inform their teachers of what a nightmare we have had this morning and now I am home I just feel like I want to give them a big hug and tell them everythings ok, I think its going to be one of those days.

I don't think its helps that i am also worried about the little boy I look after and waiting to hear. Just want to start the day over.

Thanks for reading

melco

Bridey
25-06-2012, 08:54 AM
They're probably sat at school thinking "Wow, we've got the best lunch ever!!" :)

You are not a bad mother at all. This is an emergency and you'll be amazed how resiliant children can be. If you are still worried about them then why not give the school a quick call later to make sure they are ok to put your mind at rest.

I hope that the child is ok - it all sounds very serious and scary :(

Goatgirl
25-06-2012, 09:05 AM
hi :),
Its a very natural reaction to a scary situation, you're bound to feel upset and that you're not doing/ haven't done enough. But your kids will be fine, honestly :) and you have not done anything wrong. You've been a wonderfully supportive friend and childminder and given your children a totally cool lunch! :thumbsup:

Really hope the little one recovers soon.

best wishes,
Wendy

muffins
25-06-2012, 09:13 AM
:group hug: Sit down & have a cuppa! I hope the little boy is ok!

Sounds to me as if you did your best to help others out in a bad situation. :thumbsup:

breezy
25-06-2012, 09:14 AM
you're a brilliant mum to have managed all that on a monday morning! Your kids will be fine, they're always stronger than we think and save lots of hugs for them later.

Helen Dempster
25-06-2012, 09:14 AM
I think simply feeling like you're the worst mother ever, makes it 100% evident that you're NOT the worst mother ever!! :)

Like someone else said, they probably think they've got the coolest pack lunch and will probably want the same every day from now on! You know what kids are like, they go with the flow - it's us adults that are worry warts!

Hope the little boy is ok, how worrying.

Big hugs and YOU'RE THE BEST MUM EVER!!!!! :clapping:

Kiddleywinks
25-06-2012, 09:16 AM
I think simply feeling like you're the worst mother ever, makes it 100% evident that you're NOT the worst mother ever!! :)

Like someone else said, they probably think they've got the coolest pack lunch and will probably want the same every day from now on! You know what kids are like, they go with the flow - it's us adults that are worry warts!

Big hugs and YOU'RE THE BEST MUM EVER!!!!! :clapping:

Exactly what I was going to say ;)

angeldelight
25-06-2012, 09:18 AM
I think they are lucky that you remembered at all,they will love it

Your a great mom :clapping:

Hope the little boy is ok keep us posted

Hugs for you

Angel xx

Helen79
25-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Helen Dempster
I think simply feeling like you're the worst mother ever, makes it 100% evident that you're NOT the worst mother ever!!

Big hugs and YOU'RE THE BEST MUM EVER!!!!!
Exactly what I was going to say

Me too! Hope your mindee is ok and is out of hospital soon.

If it makes you feel any better, that's a better packed lunch than my kids get everyday :blush:

melco
25-06-2012, 12:04 PM
I have been updated during the day and at first they thought he had low sugar so they gave him some to bring it back up and he was asleep again so they wanted to see whether he would wake up.

I have just received another text to say that they are now looking to give him a brain scan as they think he may have had a fit in the night and the blood came from his nose. Its all very worrying.

I have told her that I am happy to have their other lo until needed as I have also found out today that he parents live 1 hour away, so no wonder I was their first call this morning!!

Thanks for all the replies, it brought tears to my eyes and I can't wait to see my little girlies later to give them big hugs.

Only just about to have cuppa now though!!

xx

Ripeberry
25-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Enjoy your cuppa. You need it :thumbsup: And hope the older brother gets better soon :)

miffy
25-06-2012, 12:30 PM
I have been updated during the day and at first they thought he had low sugar so they gave him some to bring it back up and he was asleep again so they wanted to see whether he would wake up.

I have just received another text to say that they are now looking to give him a brain scan as they think he may have had a fit in the night and the blood came from his nose. Its all very worrying.

I have told her that I am happy to have their other lo until needed as I have also found out today that he parents live 1 hour away, so no wonder I was their first call this morning!!

Thanks for all the replies, it brought tears to my eyes and I can't wait to see my little girlies later to give them big hugs.

Only just about to have cuppa now though!!

xx

Hoping the lo is OK. I'm sure his mum is so glad of you're support right now.

I think you deserve a sit down and a cuppa :)

Miffy xx

Stapleton83
25-06-2012, 12:39 PM
You are not a bad mum, you are a great mum you still managed to get your girls out to school with everything they needed and help out someone when they really needed you. You are probably also being a brilliant mum substitute for the LO whose brother is ill.

Fingers crossed he is ok.

Sam x

bunyip
26-06-2012, 05:47 AM
:littleangel:Melco, you did just fine.:littleangel:

Not only do we all have "days like that", we also forget that children are very adaptable and resilient. It makes up for the fact that they don't always understand when we adults try to explain why we rush around like mad things, chasing deadlines!

My grandchildren are regularly dropped here at little or no notice. Being the world's worst when it comes to preparing food on-the-go, I just give them whatever falls out of the fridge-freezer when I open the door.

They still say the best breakfast they ever had was when we all walked to school with ice cream cornets. :blush:

JCrakers
26-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Dont worry :D
Sounds like you did a great job...we cant always be perfect you know ;) we are allowed to slip up everynow and again.

Your kids will be fine im sure, try not to worry about it. Im sure ive done worse in the 13yrs i've had the children :blush:

Bridey
26-06-2012, 11:48 AM
How is the LO doing?

melco
26-06-2012, 11:56 AM
I have just had a text to say that he is now fine and he even had his pre-school visit today and got on really well, so all good.

Thanks for asking