PDA

View Full Version : to harsh or ok, help please

mushpea
25-06-2012, 08:15 AM
A child's funding runs out with me on the 13 July, parents are lovley and very good at paying on time so the letter is only really to inform them/remind them of when their funding ends and they have to start paying in full so does the following sound ok or is it a bit harsh?

'J’s government funding finishes on the 13th July 2012, therefore as of the 16the July full payment for J's sessions must be met in full by yourselves.'

it sounds formal and buisness like which is what I want I just cant decide if its ok or to harsh

QualityCare
25-06-2012, 08:31 AM
I think l would be a little bit friendlier if l knew the parents really well and had had the child for a while
ie had you realised that the funding for J runs out on 13th july2012 and unfortunately, for you, l have to remind you that the full fee of £xx per week will be due from the 16th July.

Goatgirl
25-06-2012, 08:56 AM
I'd just put
Hi x and x,
This is just a polite reminder that ..........

at the beginning to lighten the tone a bit :thumbsup:

mushpea
25-06-2012, 09:01 AM
I'd just put
Hi x and x,
This is just a polite reminder that ..........

at the beginning to lighten the tone a bit :thumbsup:

ah yes thats what I was looking for,
thanks to you both for your help
I hate doing these types of letters cause i like to be buisness like and proffesional but want to be friendly too.
cheers

sillysausage
25-06-2012, 09:12 AM
I would also include a reminder that the increase in fees may mean they are entitled to a higher contribution from tax credits and advise them to check.