PDA

View Full Version : do you know what they will do???

kindredspirits
08-06-2008, 12:42 PM
.... when i tell everyone i'm moving?? (not parents coz i haven't got any yet!) but OFSTED, i mean i haven't actually got my registration through so i don't know how it will affect things, and also my local childcare advisors.... i have given them a few reciepts for my registration fee and health form which can refund, but if i'm moving i guess i need them back and claim my start up grant from devon council (who will actually give me a lot more, which will come in handy!)

anna x

sarah707
08-06-2008, 01:45 PM
No idea!

I can only suggest you ring Ofsted tomorrow ... I'm sure it happens lots :D

chez1373
08-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi sorry didnt want to read and run but ive no idea at all sorry xx good luck tho.

Blaze
08-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Link to Bromley site...but i've copied & pasted it as well for you.:)

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/Moving_Home_Article.doc

Moving Home?

If you are planning on moving home then you will need to think ahead about the affect this may have on your childminding business.

Once you have a definite moving date (exchanged contracts or signed a rental agreement) then you must let Ofsted know in writing as soon as possible. They will then write to you explaining how things will progress.

If you have been inspected fairly recently and have no previous concerns on your file then it is most likely that Ofsted will ask you to conduct your own risk assessment of your new home and garden. On receipt of a satisfactory assessment, Ofsted will send you a new registration certificate. They may bring your inspection date forward from the normal three-year plan, to visit your new premises.

Alternatively, if your Inspection is due shortly or there have been previous concerns on file, an Inspector will visit you as soon as possible at your new address. They will then carryout a safety check and conduct your full inspection. If this is satisfactory they will send you a new certificate,

If you request an increase in numbers at your new home Ofsted are more likely to make a visit to ensure there is sufficient space for them.

If you need help with your risk assessment, why not download the BCMA sample form or contact the Childminding Team at Bromley Early Years for support.

nannan
08-06-2008, 07:31 PM
I moved after I had been inspected and ofsted were happy to come and inspect my new premises quite quickly after I had moved into my new house, as my move was to a smaller house then the one that they had originally inspected me in.

angeldelight
08-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Just wanted to say good luck

Angel xx