PDA

View Full Version : Feel Deflated

GEMZ1983
23-06-2012, 08:41 PM
I am a new childminder and i have only had 1 child for 3 days and that was 3 weeks ago. I have had emails and leads but nothing going anywhere. is this normal?:blush:

migimoo
23-06-2012, 09:40 PM
YES! don't worry perfectly normal,especially if you are in an area with a lot of childminders.

I started in October and ALL of my mindees are with me as their mums know me from my old childcare job and knew i was leaving to be a CM...I have business cards everywhere,wear printed t-shirts with my number on and my whole back window in my car is a full ad,also on the usual websites and i've only ever had 2 enquiries from all of this which terrifies me as my mindees won't be with me forever and i DO panic about getting new LO's.

Ask at local libraries and children's centres if you can put an ad up and ask your development worker if she can maybe put you in touch with other childminders in your area for a chat.

Best of luck to u xxx

littluns
01-07-2012, 10:17 AM
I got a lot of leads through www.childcare.co.uk - make sure you've got a photo of yourself on your profile as parents like to see the person they are considering placing their child with. Also, ask parents of the children you're currenly minding to place a review on your profile, this is a huge magnet for other parents.

I am also a member of a local childminding network - I found this by going to a weekly network session held at the local children's centre - they email all the members when anyone enquires about vacancies.

I hope this helps xx

rickysmiths
01-07-2012, 10:35 AM
I got a lot of leads through www.childcare.co.uk - make sure you've got a photo of yourself on your profile as parents like to see the person they are considering placing their child with. Also, ask parents of the children you're currenly minding to place a review on your profile, this is a huge magnet for other parents.

I am also a member of a local childminding network - I found this by going to a weekly network session held at the local children's centre - they email all the members when anyone enquires about vacancies.

I hope this helps xx

I would like to just add that yes a lot of people have had a lot of business from Childcare.co .uk don't put all your hopes on them a lot of us have had lots of people inquire but lead to nothing I had a couple come 3 weeks ago, they borrowed my parent file and I had to go and get it back from them and I haven't heard a word since. I have had 14 families visit me in the last year and not take one on they have been a lot of time wasters and have gone around a lot of cms and then either gone to a Nursery or gone to a Nanny.

I advise you look at the details you have on you local FIS and put a good description.

You could also put a message on your local Net Mums Childcare Board. If you do that make sure you up date it regularly. I have had quite a lot of success from there and have taken on two families recently and have just had an email just last night for a full time enquiry.

It does take time to build up though so don't loose heart.