flamin policies...all updated and tweaked....all 45 of them....:(

Am i a good girl?

Should i really get a life?

mandy xxxx

Bridey
23-06-2012, 06:56 PM
45???

:eek:

EFIT: I've just counted mine - I've got 42!!! I thought I had about 8 :laughing:

WibbleWobble
23-06-2012, 06:57 PM
45???

:eek:

Ex NHS....i loves a policy!

Bridey
23-06-2012, 07:00 PM
I've just counted mine - see my edit! :D

WibbleWobble
23-06-2012, 07:03 PM
I've just counted mine - see my edit! :D

ha ha ha ha.....so there!!!:p:p:p:

Mouse
23-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Blimey, I haven't got anywhere near that many.

I'm waiting till nearer Sept to tweak mine. As we're supposed to be reducing paperwork I'm planning on only having one:

My Policy

It's my business. I make the rules. If you don't like it...look elsewhere.

Thank you!

karens knippers
23-06-2012, 07:14 PM
I like it mouse.Hope it not copyright......may use it too :ROFL1:

sarah707
23-06-2012, 07:20 PM
This is my new list - it links to the EYFS and Childcare Registers...

Learning and development - Eyfs
Safeguarding and child protection - both
Medication administration - both
Infection control - Eyfs
Food and drink - Eyfs
Accident, injury and first aid - Eyfs
Managing behaviour and physical intervention - both
Emergency evacuation - both
Health and safety - Eyfs
No smoking - Eyfs
Risk assessment - Eyfs
Equality of opportunity (SEN) - both
Complaints - both
Failure to collect a child / late arriving parent - both
Missing child - both
Confidentiality - Eyfs
Working with parents - Eyfs
Working with other settings / professionals - Eyfs
Fees & payment schedule - MINE! :D

Others are going into my welcome booklet... for someone as wordy as me I think I've done really well! :laughing: :D

melco
23-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Am worried now I only have 12, what am I missing?

I have:

Fees Policy
Settling In Policy
Special Needs Policy
Equal Opportunities Policy
Accident and Incident Policy
Medicine Policy
Illness Policy
Child Protection Policy (Safeguarding)
Procedure for Allegations of Abuse
Complaints Procedure
Behaviour Policy
Lost Child Policy

Also am about to do a Nappy Change and Potty Training policy as I have a 2yr old that I am helping to train and did not have one in place. All of these policies are in my portfolio and parents have a copy once contracts are signed. Are there any more that I am missing?

I am also in the mood for paperwork this weekend, hope I can be as organised.

Thanks in advance

melco

cathtee
23-06-2012, 08:59 PM
I did mine 2 weeks ago, I have 39, it all started because I bought a laminator and made some flash card books off a web site,:littleangel: then I carried on with p&p's was very happy with myself afterwards:thumbsup: Think I do need to get a life it's the WEEKEND NOT WORK TIME (that's my bit of a rant) but when else do we get time to do it?:mad:

BucksCM
23-06-2012, 11:04 PM

I'm waiting till nearer Sept to tweak mine. As we're supposed to be reducing paperwork I'm planning on only having one:

My Policy

Thank you!

I LOVE this policy!!!!!!:D:laughing:

Bridey
23-06-2012, 11:14 PM
I think I will be whittling mine down to the bare essentials come September.

watgem
24-06-2012, 07:30 AM
thank you everyone for sharing I now have my jobs to do in my holiday more or less sorted lol. how sad am I:D

miffy
24-06-2012, 07:36 AM

My Policy

Thank you!

I think this is one policy everyone should have! :laughing:

Miffy xx

bunyip
24-06-2012, 08:31 AM
:eek: Gosh, I have 17 and I thought that was a lot.

I check one policy and one risk assessment each week, and revise if necessary. That way, it isn't a huge job to do them all at once. Ofsted were impressed with my "rolling programme" and mentioned it in my report.

I do have to chuckle when existing CMs say the new EYFS will be so much easier, "...because we don't have to do written policies." If you already have them, how is it easier? and is there any point in shredding them?

;)

Bridey
24-06-2012, 08:39 AM
There is no way I am getting rid of mine. I don't trust Ofsted an inch on this one!

bunyip
24-06-2012, 08:51 AM
On a practical level, how can a CM store all their policies in their head, and still be able to explain them consistently to inspectors, parents, insurers, assistant, etc.?

I think the technical term is, "making it up as I go along."
:huh:

Mouse
24-06-2012, 10:25 AM
On a practical level, how can a CM store all their policies in their head, and still be able to explain them consistently to inspectors, parents, insurers, assistant, etc.?

I think the technical term is, "making it up as I go along."
:huh:

And I'm very good at that :laughing::laughing:

I wrote all my policies to reflect how I work. I don't need to refer to them to know what's in them. I couldn't quote them word perfect, but I know the main points because it's how I work...if that makes sense. And I prefer to explain them to parents rather than just give them a folder to read.

I won't be getting rid of them come Sept though. They're already there, will be tweaked slightly where needed, but they're doing no harm, so can stay :thumbsup:

bunyip
24-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Wish I could keep information in my head. I'm one of those people who has to write everything down.

If it's not on my "to do" list, it probably isn't going to happen.

At least I've stopped writing "get out of bed and have breakfast" at the top of my daily lists.
;)

loocyloo
24-06-2012, 11:57 AM
There is no way I am getting rid of mine. I don't trust Ofsted an inch on this one!

same here. and whilst i do carry the info in my head , cos its how i work, i couldn't guarantee to tell parents or ofsted everything and expect them to remember!!!

mine have all just been tweaked, and i will do another tweak when i've got my head round revised eyfs to make sure i've included everything ( ie use of cameras & phones! ) and then that will be it for a year!