PDA

View Full Version : Maidenhead

Trpta108
23-06-2012, 03:45 PM
I am looking to possibly be moving to Maidenhead and was wondering what the demand is for childcare there. Are any of you from that area or know someone who are? If so do you get call or is it quiet?

AliceK
23-06-2012, 03:52 PM
I used to live in that area, well in Bray and then Taplow, very close to Maidenhead. It's a lovely area and fairly affluent so I would imagine there would be a good demand for childminders. I'm a bit further west up the M4 now and certainly demand here is pretty good.

xxx

rickysmiths
23-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Maidenhead is London commuter distance both via M4 and train so could be good and longish hours needed.

Might be worth looking at Nurseries and seein what they charge and what hours they are open.

Ring the local FIS as a prospective parent moving into the area and get a list of local cms and ring to see how many have vacancies or not.

Trpta108
23-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Thank you both for your replies. If I call the FIS wont they be able to tell me how many has vacancies?

AliceK
24-06-2012, 10:49 PM
The problem is because spaces can come and go quickly and the fis don't ask for updates very often so unless a childminder calls them to update them their space details may not be accurate, I know mine aren't :blush:
Xxx