PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Bradford-on-Avon? Or know anything about it?

Wendybird
22-06-2012, 03:50 PM
My land lady has decided she wants her house back :( so we are looking at relocating. We are viewing a couple of houses this weekend, but just wondered if anyone had local knowledge of where is nice, where to avoid, etc. Also wondering if it is likely to be hard to get mindees?

I've worked so hard to get this up and running and I'm as full as I want to be. I'm gutted to leave, but we realistically can't afford a house that meets our needs in an area we are happy to live in here. :(

hectors house
22-06-2012, 05:23 PM
I live about 6 miles from Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire and it is a beautiful town, next to a canal and not far from the city of Bath. Because of this houses are really expensive but I'm sure you could get plenty of work, because most of people who live in BOA commute to Bath and you would probably get a much higher rate than I do across the border in Somerset.

Bradford on Avon is quite a small town, with not many (if any) national stores (other than a Sainsbury's), it is mostly independent shops but like I said it's only about 5 miles to Bath and 2 miles to Trowbridge where there are bigger chain store shops.

Hope house hunting goes well

Wendybird
23-06-2012, 06:20 AM
Thank you so much, that is helpful. It is so daunting to pick up everything and move. I've been very lucky how quickly I was able to set up CM, hope it goes as smoothly next time!