PDA

View Full Version : stopping someone using my EY number

notts
22-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Copied from my post 'simply don't get it' as I don't think people have seen my last comment and could really do with the advice! Thanks in advance.

Copy...

Stupid, stupid, stupid woman (me)

I spoke to a friend of mine, her previous childminder. We were very discreet but became apparent the person who she was talking of was this woman so I explained my situation.

Turns out CM looked after 1 of her boys for 6 months and ended up taking her to small claims court for fees. During that time, she threatened her in front of her Son, saying she wasn't doing her job properly as Mum wanted CM to bath her Son as routine and CM refused. Reported her to Ofsted saying that she wasn't doing paperwork etc (clearly this is all one sided what I'm hearing but I believe it) and when it all came out in the wash turns out for 2 years she had been claiming for child care for BOTH sons.

So it seems she was just after my EY number. And stupid, stupid, stupid me, still hadn't changed my displayed certificate with the number removed.

I'm sure she would have seen it. It's on a notice board in my kitchen. I did leave the room once. But what I can't understand is why take to signing stage if she had the info then? Maybe she didn't and that's still her plan... or was she simply trying to make it look more real.

I feel cheated. I feel my children have been used and all of us cheated in our own home. I feel an idiot for not having removed the number and lazy because I knew I needed to but hadn't been bothered to get the sacnner out yet!!!!

what do I do know guys? how can I make sure she isn't claiming and how long do I give it before I progress with this?

jumpinjen
22-06-2012, 09:55 AM
You can call tax credits and give them her details and say that she took your number to claim for care but then never brought her children as as per your fees policy you are covering yourself by letting them know that she isn't using your care - take the person's name and document the time/date and name of call and put with your financial records for the year then if anything comes back you can refer back to that call and don't worry - the very first 'client' I had did this to me - you aren't stupid, people who defraud are very clever and devious and the rest of us who are normal aren't wired up to think in that way so don't beat yourself up about it - big hugs, Jen x

Ripeberry
22-06-2012, 09:56 AM
In the end these people will get found out and they will be the ones who will pay the price not you. So don't worry yourself :)

Bridey
22-06-2012, 11:26 AM
You can call tax credits and give them her details and say that she took your number to claim for care but then never brought her children as as per your fees policy you are covering yourself by letting them know that she isn't using your care - take the person's name and document the time/date and name of call and put with your financial records for the year then if anything comes back you can refer back to that call and don't worry - the very first 'client' I had did this to me - you aren't stupid, people who defraud are very clever and devious and the rest of us who are normal aren't wired up to think in that way so don't beat yourself up about it - big hugs, Jen x

Good advice :)

Don't worry - if she does claim then SHE is committing the criminal offence, not you.

notts
22-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Thanks guys. Will get on to it!

I also only have her forename (gets worse doesn't it) no surname or address :angry: But I do believe I can find it out

I just can't believe it

Bridey
22-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Don't beat yourself up about it. It will never, ever happen to you again! :)

Just thank your lucky stars you never ended up working for her!

notts
22-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Absolutely a blessing in disguise :clapping: god can you imagine

miffy
22-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks guys. Will get on to it!

I also only have her forename (gets worse doesn't it) no surname or address :angry: But I do believe I can find it out

I just can't believe it

If your friend looked after her children then you could ask her for the woman's details to pass on to tax credits but then I'm sure you've already worked that out ;)

Miffy xx

notts
22-06-2012, 06:54 PM
If your friend looked after her children then you could ask her for the woman's details to pass on to tax credits but then I'm sure you've already worked that out

Miffy xx

That's my thinking Miffy. She may be a bit hesitant from the data protection angle but I hear choccy is a great persuader :D

Tazmin68
23-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi
Last year I took on a short term contract for 2 children during the summer holidays. Children arrived first day mom said that she had not had chance to go to bank and would pay me end of day. Then another excuse at end of day never came back, never settled bill just text saying that she found someone closer to home. I remembered that she had given me name of nursery of where youngest child had attended. Made a call to them obviously not able to say names but was identified that family owed nursery a 4 figure sum and now also myself. I did contact tax credits who did ask if both nursery and myself would provide evidence of contracts as they were going to take action against parents for fraud re childcare element of tax credits .
I now will no longer provide childcare unless payment made no excuses allowed anymore

notts
23-06-2012, 04:26 PM
That's shocking. I just can't believe some people. The very thought would never even cross my mind. Just goes to show, we don't know who we're letting through our front doors :panic: