PDA

View Full Version : Another food question!

JoRo163
21-06-2012, 07:16 PM
So, I have a copy of Safer Food, Better Business for Childminders. I've sent the form back to environmental health to register as a food provider. They've now introduced a questionnaire to fill in on how you run/will run the kitchen, food prep etc and will only visit those who they consider as high risk - a cost cutting measure.

Anyway, one of the questions asked if I have a food hygiene certificate. I just wrote 'to be arranged'. I have looked at the LA courses and they are £70 for a full day course plus an exam. Is this really necessary or would an online course be ok? What have you all done?

loocyloo
21-06-2012, 08:53 PM
my LA offered the course free, but i'm sure i've seen links on here to online training that whilst it isn't free, isn't that expensive!

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15075

sarah707
21-06-2012, 09:07 PM
I have done a course... and 1 online. I think I learned more online tbh.

Ask your local people what they want you to do :D

PixiePetal
21-06-2012, 10:29 PM
I haven't done a course, it is not required here yet but I think I will do an online one for my own self reflection and improvement and make sure I am not missing anything out :)

I was sent a renewal form a few weeks ago which I filled in so we will see if I need to do it anyway

md0u0131
22-06-2012, 05:50 AM
I did the online too, cheaper and more convenient.

JoRo163
22-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Online course completed! Well thats another thing ticked off the list. I didn't think it was compulsory, but it will look good in my portfolio and will save time later on if it does become a necessity (within the next 3 years at least!).

Was a bit boring tho! :blush: