PDA

View Full Version : EMBARRASSING THINGS YOUVE SAID TO PARENTS....

lisa1968
21-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Has anyone else sais anything highly embarrassing to parents without meaning to?
I told a dad that i loved him!:blush:
...and i really can't remember saying it,or why i would say it but my hubby heard me say it and the dads face was a picture!
..please tell me Im not the only one!!....:panic:

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
21-06-2012, 07:13 PM
one of my mums came in upset about her mil so i said
"oh no she's dead isnt she" (always thinking the worse)

She had just been diagnosed with cancer so said parent then got hysterical

from now on my response to any upset will be "oh no whats happened?"

Helen79
21-06-2012, 07:22 PM
I told a dad that i loved him!
...and i really can't remember saying it,or why i would say it but my hubby heard me say it and the dads face was a picture!
..please tell me Im not the only one!!....

I've done this too :blush: we used to live in a 1st floor flat with stairs down to the front door. Me and my kids always used to shout 'love you' to dh when he walked downstairs on his way out and in the middle of the chaos of mindee's blowing kisses and shouting bye down the stairs to parents I shouted 'love you' to them too :laughing: probably done it more times than I've realised too :o

Mouse
21-06-2012, 07:26 PM
I once asked a mum if she had something to tell me as she had a rounded tummy and I assumed she was pregnant. Turned out she'd just put on a bit of weight :blush:

winstonian
21-06-2012, 08:03 PM
I told a mum this week that she'd underpaid me and she hadnt :blush: and then tonight I've sent my diary home in her littleones bag instead of his daily diary!!! She text to let me know!:blush:oops

Jacko81
21-06-2012, 08:05 PM
I once said to one of my heavily pregnant parents after she had the weekend off 'eee has that baby not arrived yet'...... She replied by saying 'yes! I had him on Friday!!!!!!' ......... Mortified :/

rachelle
21-06-2012, 08:07 PM
I once had a mum say her husband was running to my house for exercise (about 2 miles) to which I replied 'he's well fit isn't he!' - I knew what i meant but it sounded so wrong!

not quite the same but same family, I babysat for last week and sat on the playroom floor with LO next to the downstairs loo. The loo door doesn't close and dad was just errrrr. Put it this way he asking mum to hold the door! :blush::laughing:

lisa1968
21-06-2012, 08:12 PM
these are brill-keep them coming!!:laughing:

zippy
21-06-2012, 08:16 PM
One of mums went to kiss me goodbye the other day was hilarious lol

Stapleton83
21-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Recently got a new phone and didn't realise how sensitive the key pad was and having texted one of my mums whilst doing my shopping popped it back into my pocket. The screen obviously got caught and ended up sending a message just saying "reefer" :blush: OMG I was mortified texted trying to explain it was an error and although I was chilled out it was just because I was in the frozen food section.

She thought it was hilarious thank goodness :laughing:

hollyvilla
22-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Once texted in reply to what I was doing whilst on holiday that I was sitting on a dock at then end of a loch, unfortunately predictive text turned the d in dock to a c, how embarrassing. I have never lived it down!

karens knippers
22-06-2012, 07:02 AM
:laughing:hollyvilla. I sent text to hubby thanking him for night before and that i loved him....next thing i have an irate mum of a mindee on the phone. I had only gone n sent text to her husband who has the same name!!!!!! She felt awful accusing me of such a thing. She explained later that she didnt trust him and when confronted about text he admitted he was seeing someone else but wouldnt say who!! Mum says i did her a favour

mindingmummy
22-06-2012, 07:07 AM
When a dad came to pick drop his 2 year old son off at my house one morning and gave his son a kiss goodbye...the little boy told his Dad to kiss me goodbye too!

I could feel my cheeks burning!:blush:

Bridey
22-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Once texted in reply to what I was doing whilst on holiday that I was sitting on a dock at then end of a loch, unfortunately predictive text turned the d in dock to a c, how embarrassing. I have never lived it down!

:laughing::laughing:

JCrakers
22-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Not something I've said but Mindee arrived with grandpa this morning. It was raining quite heavily so he'd left her in the car and brought the bags to the door first, rang the doorbell and when I answered he said

'Morning, Its just me today. I've left xxx at home. You'll have to play with me all day today!' with a big smile :D

Haha...I just laughed. Wish I'd thought of something witty to say back but didn't

mummyof3
22-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Mindees dad went to give me a kiss on the cheek to say thanks for his fathers day gifts and it caught me unaware and I nearly gave him a big kiss on the lips :blush:

caz3007
22-06-2012, 10:25 AM
:laughing:hollyvilla. I sent text to hubby thanking him for night before and that i loved him....next thing i have an irate mum of a mindee on the phone. I had only gone n sent text to her husband who has the same name!!!!!! She felt awful accusing me of such a thing. She explained later that she didnt trust him and when confronted about text he admitted he was seeing someone else but wouldnt say who!! Mum says i did her a favour

Omg :eek::eek:

Toothfairy
22-06-2012, 11:04 AM
I don't think i have said anything embarrasing but i did put kisses at the end of a text to one of mindee's dad the other day. Force of habbit :blush:

caz3007
22-06-2012, 11:09 AM
I don't think i have said anything embarrasing but i did put kisses at the end of a text to one of mindee's dad the other day. Force of habbit :blush:

occasionally hubby will ask me to answer a text to a work colleage of his if he is driving. I have to make a really consious effort not to put a kiss as I usually do on mine and he would wonder why hubby had put a kiss at the end of the text...lol

Splodge
22-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Years ago after returning from our first trip to florida we were very jetlagged and our elderly next door neighbour rang not long after we arrived home to ask if we had had a good holiday. My DH had a quick chat with her saying what a lovely time we had had then said goodbye love you and it took him quite a few moments to figure out why there was silence on the other end of the line.

She has never been married or been in a relationship (Said she was never interested) and later told us that no man had ever told her that he loved her before and even though he was very embarrassed she found it very funny and said it made her day. She turned 100 years old on wednesday and still embarrasses him with the story.

karens knippers
22-06-2012, 12:44 PM
awwwwww bless her

karen48
22-06-2012, 09:12 PM
what happened to me was a dad collected mindee late the night before as he got stuck on the moterway and arrived very late. Next morning he dropped of really early and i said oh you should of brought you pj's and stayed the night, it was a joke to mindee but as i shut the door i thought i hope he did not think i was saying to him to bring his pj's.

I did spend the day laughing to myself.

karen:blush:

stargazer1
23-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Not so much something I said, but something I did!

Dad came to collect mindee, mindee had been off colour all day. Dad picked mindee up, I said "hope you're feeling better tomorrow" to mindee and gave him a little stroke on the leg. Only mindee had moved leg and I ended up giving Dad a little stroke instead in a rather inappropriate place :blush: I don't know who was more embarrassed, me or him!!

Monkey1
23-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Just spat coffee over my iPad! :laughing:

EmmaReed84
23-06-2012, 08:15 AM
These are too funny. My son keeps looking at me and huffing and puffing because he is trying to watching telly and I am "laughing too loudy" :laughing:

caz3007
23-06-2012, 09:23 AM

Dad came to collect mindee, mindee had been off colour all day. Dad picked mindee up, I said "hope you're feeling better tomorrow" to mindee and gave him a little stroke on the leg. Only mindee had moved leg and I ended up giving Dad a little stroke instead in a rather inappropriate place :blush: I don't know who was more embarrassed, me or him!!

Heheheheh that made me laugh :laughing::laughing:

My son is interested in why I keep laughing

The Juggler
23-06-2012, 09:47 AM

:eek::eek:

georgie456
26-06-2012, 01:37 PM
GAH! I did one today!!!

Full timer's mum came for a settling in session today with her new baby. She was sat on my sofa and the baby dribbled. Mum apologised profusely for getting some on the sofa and I said......"That's ok. You wouldn't believe the bodily fluids that have been on this old thing".....

WHY WHY WHY?!?!?! What on earth made me say THAT?!?!?

Thank goodness she wasn't a new parent. She just choked on her tea laughing while I turned beetroot red.

I'm cringing just thinking about it!

Donkey
26-06-2012, 05:57 PM

wins best prize lol

Donkey
26-06-2012, 05:57 PM
GAH! I did one today!!!

Full timer's mum came for a settling in session today with her new baby. She was sat on my sofa and the baby dribbled. Mum apologised profusely for getting some on the sofa and I said......"That's ok. You wouldn't believe the bodily fluids that have been on this old thing".....

Thank goodness she wasn't a new parent. She just choked on her tea laughing while I turned beetroot red.

closely followed... we need a 'like' button!!

WibbleWobble
26-06-2012, 06:45 PM
i was signing up a new parent.....i asked them to choose a word or short phrase as the "secret" word or phrase for when the child needed to be picked up by someone i hadnt met...

dad had been very quiet and suddenly pipes up "hello gorgeous!!!".....he looked so pleased with himself....

mum looked at him with a withering look and said "thankyou for your contribution xxxx, i think xyzz will be s xxuitable"

poor dad.....

mandy

pinkellifun
26-06-2012, 06:55 PM
GAH! I did one today!!!

I had been giggling at all of these but this has just made me howl! :laughing::laughing::laughing: My sides are killing me now! :D

coffee-time
26-06-2012, 07:10 PM
trying to read out the one about 'stroking' to my husband but couldnt speak for laughing! he got the jist:laughing:

Helen Dempster
27-06-2012, 11:55 AM
only this morning I sent one of the mums a text meant for my hubby saying that I missed him, with lots of kisses! When she came by, she said "awww, miss you too!" oh how we laughed!!!!! LOL

Rubybubbles
27-06-2012, 12:12 PM
please put a warning on these, too funny! I have coffee everywhere:laughing:

My best one was saying goodbye to 2 children and parent, dad leans in to give me a kiss and put his arm on my shoulder:eek: hubby stood in a door way runs off sniggering.

He still teases me now about it:rolleyes:

BUT I did have a mum who fancied my hubby (no idea why haha) and used to always ask about him and turned up in a dress (too short for my taste) and was leaning against the wall with her leg kinda floating around, so I can laugh at him for that!