PDA

View Full Version : was fuming

Helen Dempster
21-06-2012, 06:27 PM
ok, I'll try and keep this short (pah!). Parent of 9mo usually collects at 6.30pm. Texts me today at 4.15pm saying she was picking her up at 5pm as she had an appt. 2 of the mindees are at drama club on a Thurs so don't come out til 4.25pm. I care for 2 siblings, one of which went home early from school today as was ill, so I'd arranged to take his brother home after drama club. I replied to 9mo mum that i was taking someone home and that if I wasn't here when she arrived, I wouldn't be far behind her. I decided to go home and drop the boy off after she'd collected 9mo as it was 10 to 5 when we got back and I wouldn't have had time to get him home and get back in time for her, so I texted to let her know. No reply. 5pm came and went. At 10 past 5 I texted her again saying I couldn't wait much longer and was she nearby. No reply. She phoned me at 5.30pm in a right strop, having a go at me and said I texted her saying I was going to be late, so she decided to stay at home! Anyway, she finally got to me at 5.40pm ranting and raving at me in the street. I told her I really had to go as I was very late. She then said "we need to talk about this please". I asked her what more needed to be said. She was going on about she thought her daughter is at my house after school runs, didn't know I did drop offs (it was a one off favour) etc etc and was quite rude. Really upset me. My husband says it sounds a bit bizarre and maybe I should text her later just explaining in a professional way why I was cross (it was so frustrating cos she just didn't get it!) Another mindee missed her tea (she normally has it at 5pm). She kept saying "it's not my fault".

I've felt really rough this week (a cold I caught off her daughter, I might add!) but I've not taken any time off, still been ready for her at 7.30am til 6.30pm.

hope this has made sense, I've ranted a bit, but I was so upset/angry/frustrated with this woman! I must admit, I did have a bit of a blub :blush:

~Grasshopper~
21-06-2012, 06:36 PM
big hugs.

i would say dont text. i had a huge row with a parent via text when it all got out of control, anyway hubby brough her round and made her apologise to me. i cried lol.

so calm down. phone in the morning and arrange a time when you are not busy to talk it through. xx

jojobell
21-06-2012, 06:47 PM
awww sory to hear youve had a rubbish day, sounds like shes just in a strop beacuse she didnt get her own way, i had a few issues recently with parent turning up any time they wanted, early /late (one particular boy who i have 8-12 turned up at 11am (3 hours late) with no comunication then got picked up again 40mins later........... i now charge late fees and early collection fees beacuse i do have school runs, nursery drop offs and take some home ect and it messed up my routine otherwise.............. as for the one off drop off i really dont see the problem if it was a one off and u thought this child was going first as she lead you to belive whats her issue?
Personally i would not send a text i would write a polite but to the point email, or letter explaining your dissions for doing the extra run ect, explain that due to a change of circumstances and child being ill you had a duty of care to make sure child got home safely and that sometimes changes to rotuine is unavoidable, i would also include that you were led to belive she was collecting earlier but then was given no confirmation, and explain that she did not tell you she was coming later ect, i would also metion that outbursts in the street are not tollerated ..................... what a cowbag!

miffy
21-06-2012, 06:51 PM
She most likely thought she was doing you a favour because she was picking up early :rolleyes:

I agree speak to her tomorrow, preferably by phone not text, when you are both calmer.

Hugs

Miffy xx