PDA

View Full Version : They think that's bad????

stargazer1
21-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Had a parent meeting this morning for a potential 14 month old. Never met the parent before, she called last night and asked to see me today. Explained I was on a playschool pick up, would be home by 12.

Cleaned and tidied around before I left for the playschool run. Got back at 11.40 and she was waiting on my doorstep. Had my DS and two mindees by this point. House was clean and tidy, mindees and DS very well behaved.

Mum sat there not really listening to anything I had to say, just looking in horror as soon as mindee started to build a lego tower etc!! DS came in from the playroom dragging a gorilla bucket full of balls with him and the three of them sat in a circle on the floor, alternating between rolling the balls between them and the lego. Mum piped up and said "I just dont know how you cope with this mess!" Mess? Some lego and some balls? Jeepers, she should see it by 5.30!! Didnt know whether to be offended or laugh!!

To be perfectly honest, I wont be losing any sleep if she doesnt come back to me! :)

JCrakers
21-06-2012, 12:37 PM
:laughing: Some people are so funny

The Juggler
21-06-2012, 12:41 PM
OMW! bless her heart - if her LO is not very mobile yet, she doesn't have a clue what is to come :laughing:

mummyof3
21-06-2012, 12:41 PM
I feel sorry for her child I bet they won't be allowed to get anything out to play with at home!

I look after a little one who empties everything and goes mad for toys when he is here because at home he is only allowed one little toy at a time out :eek:

kel1983
21-06-2012, 01:08 PM
I spend all day asking the children to pick up the box of toys they tipped out before they started playing with something else. Some days we have lo's who all decide to play with something different. I can't see the floor at times. (I know this is a tripping hazard)

loocyloo
21-06-2012, 01:39 PM
i read this then looked at my playroom ( LO all asleep ) ... :laughing: i can't see the floor for toy animals, tea party bits and dressing up clothes! however, we were having a wonderful time then it was lunchtime and if i tidy it away it will look like that again in 2 seconds once they wake up, so we'll tidy up before tea!

Two Princesses
21-06-2012, 01:55 PM
The dad of the 11 month old I look after came to pick her up one day last week and when he walked in he said "Gosh, it looks like our house did after we were burgled"! I was a little shocked at first but heyho :laughing: :D His daughter and my dd were having great fun!

Mouse
21-06-2012, 02:00 PM
i read this then looked at my playroom ( LO all asleep ) ... :laughing: i can't see the floor for toy animals, tea party bits and dressing up clothes! however, we were having a wonderful time then it was lunchtime and if i tidy it away it will look like that again in 2 seconds once they wake up, so we'll tidy up before tea!

Ooh, I couldn't leave it all out if they were asleep. I tidy up at snack time, lunch time & sleep time...just for them to get it all out again! I leave anything that they've set up, but everything else is put away. I like that for a few minutes a day I have a tidy house :laughing:

loocyloo
21-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Ooh, I couldn't leave it all out if they were asleep. I tidy up at snack time, lunch time & sleep time...just for them to get it all out again! I leave anything that they've set up, but everything else is put away. I like that for a few minutes a day I have a tidy house :laughing:

it was all set up ... the animals were having the tea party with us :laughing: LOs now awake and have hung up all dressing up bits and put tea party stuff away. and i hadn't said a word about tidying up :eek: apparently the animals needed more space :laughing:

Mouse
21-06-2012, 02:25 PM
it was all set up ... the animals were having the tea party with us :laughing: LOs now awake and have hung up all dressing up bits and put tea party stuff away. and i hadn't said a word about tidying up :eek: apparently the animals needed more space :laughing:

:laughing::laughing:

JCrakers
21-06-2012, 03:16 PM
The dad of the 11 month old I look after came to pick her up one day last week and when he walked in he said "Gosh, it looks like our house did after we were burgled"! I was a little shocked at first but heyho :laughing: :D His daughter and my dd were having great fun!

:laughing:

blue bear
21-06-2012, 04:15 PM
One Of my dads came last week absolutely horrified at tge state if my kitchen, told him not to look at the rest of the house! I had 8 children mess is inevitable

lozzy23
21-06-2012, 08:02 PM
I have a child from a home with a mum who admits she is rather OCD about cleaning. Her LO will take his bowl/plate and drop it into the sink and say "wash Lorraine". He then goes to the other children and watches them like a hawk until they have finished with their bowls/plates and whips them away to the sink, before I have a chance to say can L or H do their own dishes.

LO's mum has looked horrified at what I would consider a few toys out on the floor, I just say I bet your glad this isn't in your house, she is quick to agree:D

Chimps Childminding
21-06-2012, 08:12 PM
We seem to ahve a lot of lo's at the moment who just want to empty the boxes - don't actually play with anything just tip the boxes out :angry: We spend hours picking or trying to get them to pick the toys back up only for it to be as bad as ever again 5 minutes later - but at least they are having fun!!!! :D

Bluebell
22-06-2012, 08:54 AM
oh thank goodness its not just me!! My living room frequently looks like a disaster zone! The only time I tidy is lunch time to clear major bits if its getting a bit much or at end of day. Parents who drop off in middle of day if I haven't had child in morning just can't believe how tidy it is when child free so I know it must look like chaos! I do have to hold my breath sometimes when they do things like jump on the sofa and chuck all the cushions off but if they then turn it into a pirate ship I give myself a pat on the back and tell myself I'm doing the right thing!! LOL I've got laminate floors so I do have to be careful things don't becmoe a trip hazard because then the kids will slide all over the place but generally they are quite good at actually playing with what they get out!

keri
22-06-2012, 09:45 AM
My house is like this even with no minded kids :blush:

lisa1968
23-06-2012, 06:54 PM
We seem to ahve a lot of lo's at the moment who just want to empty the boxes - don't actually play with anything just tip the boxes out :angry: We spend hours picking or trying to get them to pick the toys back up only for it to be as bad as ever again 5 minutes later - but at least they are having fun!!!! :D

....its a great way of sorting the boxes out though and putting stray toys back in their proper boxes!:)

migimoo
23-06-2012, 09:29 PM

Thank God for that-i was starting to think it was just my mindees!!:clapping:
i have 3 18-22mnth olds on different days and all they do is empty out all the free choice boxes like they're on a mission from God....then walk straight off!! drives me bonkers...i've left the toys out all day on the floor to see if they go back to them but they ignore them completely (except the occasional one lobbed over the stairgate) and would rather play with my vertical blinds or remote controls.:laughing:

Maza
23-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Her poor child. I think it was rather rude.