PDA

View Full Version : Someone from EYFS

saintsue
21-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Morning Everyone hope you are all ok?

Someone is coming to see me next week from EYFS next week
i have just got a form in the post with some things to fill in
please could someone give me some idea's of what to put for these things?

1 What do you know about changes to EYFS including the Safeguarding
and welfare requirement?

2 How will your provision support the prime and specific areas of learning?

3 What changes will you make to observation, assessment and planning systems?

4How will you track children's progress in EYFS from their starting points?

5 How will you share information about children's progress with parents?

6 How do you plan to meet the requirement to provide a written summary
of children's progress at 24-36 months to parents?

I love being a childminder but when it some to putting things into words i find it hard. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME XXXXXX

Thanks love Sue xxx

saintsue
21-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Dont think anyone wants to help me :( :crying::crying::crying::crying:

JCrakers
21-06-2012, 01:29 PM
:blush:
Sorry, havent really thought myself how Im going to do all this.
I've got an Improvement advisor visiting soon about NEF and I havent really looked at the new EYFS in detail yet so haven't taken anything into consideration yet.

Bridey
21-06-2012, 01:29 PM
There is no organisation called the EYFS so I don't have any idea who your visitor is.

Secondly I can't answer your questions for you. How you are going to deliver the EYFS is personal to you. You have been a childminder since 2000 and therefore delivering the EYFS from the beginning and should have an idea of how you work with it by now. The information on the new EYFS has been around for a couple of months. I suggest you have a look at it and think about how you are going to implement the changes according to how you already deliver it.

There has been a lot of discussion on this forum and there are free downloads already prepared to help you.

sarah707
21-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Hi Sue that's a huge list of questions!! I think you have scared everyone off :laughing: :laughing:

Who is coming to see you? Do you mean a local bod or someone else?

Changes to the requirements - I have put a document in free downloads at the top of the forum

Prime and specific areas - prime are most important for under 3s, specific are for all children to back up prime and used when children are older to prepare them for life long learning

Changes to systems - none really beyond changing the wording and making sure you do a 2 year progress check

Tracking progress - same way you do now

Sharing with parents - same as now except you also need to give parents activity ideas for things they can do with their child at home

2 year progress report - read the document on the www.foundationyears.org.uk website and come back if you have any questions.

hth :D

Penny1959
21-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Good feedback from Sarah

I would advise you try and find out who you visitor is, why they are visiting you, what they are going to do with the information.

If the LA - I would expect them to be offering support and training / information - not asking you how you are going to do these things - especially as still over 2 months until you have to implement.

If some gov bod - trying to find out how prepared cm's are they should be clearly stating their intentions

I am at a bit of a loss as to why someone would be visiting you top ask those questions.

Penny :)

miffy
21-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Is it someone from LA coming to help you prepare for an Ofsted inspection?

Miffy xx